New Truck?

You control tongue weight (sag) by vehicle placement on trailer. Move it forward increase tongue weight, move it back decrease.
Seems like you guys are experts at towing cars. I have a tow hauler, and i used to race motorcycles, and I used to wakeboard, but never have I ever towed a car. This is all great information!

I've towed a lot of stuff. It's all about weight placement. I should show the pictures of my truck loaded down with a trailer and 4 yards of topsoil! Guy running the loader misjudged and got too much up front. I only had 6 miles to go, or I would have made him grab the skid steer and fix it.
20160625_112407.jpg

Reactions: ac_
I've towed a lot of stuff. It's all about weight placement. I should show the pictures of my truck loaded down with a trailer and 4 yards of topsoil! Guy running the loader misjudged and got too much up front. I only had 6 miles to go, or I would have made him grab the skid steer and fix it.View attachment 50066
I like your truck!

Reactions: Mike_H
Price of trucks are insane now. There is a dealership a block or so away from where I work and they have a 2012 2500 cummins with 100k miles, and they are asking 42k for it. They have a late 6.0 F250 (maybe 04), with over 200k miles and they are asking 18k for that.

Reactions: ac_
Price of trucks are insane now. There is a dealership a block or so away from where I work and they have a 2012 2500 cummins with 100k miles, and they are asking 42k for it. They have a late 6.0 F250 (maybe 04), with over 200k miles and they are asking 18k for that.
Well I guess it isn't just me, but I cannot do that. I cannot do any of that. I am going to have to figure out how to make my 1/2 ton ram last forever!

Reactions: mots

That is insane! I read about a year ago there would be an over abundance of used cars due to off lease timing, defaults on loans etc. They said it should drive used car prices down. Well, it definitely doesn't apply to trucks! The way things are going, most of the US two car families will have the wife in a huge SUV (or X-over) and the husband with a large crew cab truck. Lease, purchase, or whatever, that's 100k or more auto debt on the system that has to be repaid somehow. It is absolutely insane and I see families doing this all the time around here. I make good $ and I just don't understand how some family's make it work with their income(s). It just all seems so illogical. Somethings got to give...I just don't see how this can keep going on forever without a big crash at some point.

Well I guess it isn't just me, but I cannot do that. I cannot do any of that. I am going to have to figure out how to make my 1/2 ton ram last forever!

Don't blame you one bit!

Reactions: ac_ and tworley