Next best to Savvy bumper?

That they don’t give a flying fuck about their customers and that it’s an acceptable way to do business. They make a couple of good parts but it’s a terribly run business. Some of y’all think their parts are gods gift to Jeeps and fall over yourselves to support a company that treats most of their customers as an afterthought. YMMV.
Then don't buy a bumper from Savvy. (I know you can't see this 🤣)

Blaine has outlined some cool improvements to the bumper, I guess it can't take hard pulls and he'd like those guards to be better integrated somehow. I didn't pay too close attention. Like @jjvw says, I just don't buy it. Too bad Blaine appears to have the same working relationship with Savvy he has with me, none.

... Like @jjvw says, I just don't buy it. Too bad Blaine appears to have the same working relationship with Savvy he has with me, none.

Treetop has the same working relationship with me that Blaine has with you.

I don't know that anyone apologizes for them. I've only ever heard: "The products are great". "You will wait for them". "They'll e-mail you when it ships". "Buy it or don't..."
It is the same as the twats that get all pissy with me and slam the door on the way out whilst tossing a "I'm never going to buy a damn thing from you now" over their shoulder as they scamper away. Well guess what? They were never going to anyway.

He's just grumpy because he knows it is good stuff, he knows it is worth owning and sometimes waiting for, and he also knows he was never going to afford it so he uses that to pick on that folks that like the products.

Either that or he is one of the steel good aluminum bad folks stuck back in the 50's.

That they don’t give a flying fuck about their customers and that it’s an acceptable way to do business. They make a couple of good parts but it’s a terribly run business. Some of y’all think their parts are gods gift to Jeeps and fall over yourselves to support a company that treats most of their customers as an afterthought. YMMV.
I think most support well designed products for our platform. Savvy just happens to make a number of them some of them also happen to have been designed by a member here but not all of those products are made by savvy either.

No need to get all bent out of shape because someone buys something from a company you don't like.

Ya, I've got a few in that category. Blaine actually has the discipline to simply ignore me without computer aids of any kind which is overall a plus for me in a way.

At least you get to read something worthwhile without working for it. Whenever I log out to see what what is going on, it is often TT being an idiot.

I think most support well designed products for our platform. Savvy just happens to make a number of them some of them also happen to have been designed by a member here but not all of those products are made by savvy either.

No need to get all bent out of shape because someone buys something from a company you don't like.
People also need to realize what savvy is. It's a hobby that sells good stuff, not really a business that exists to maximize shareholder value.

Most (all) of their parts have other options, but those options have tradeoffs. With savvy you're tradeoffs are the business side rather than the product side.

People also need to realize what savvy is. It's a hobby that sells good stuff, not really a business that exists to maximize shareholder value.

Most (all) of their parts have other options, but those options have tradeoffs. With savvy you're tradeoffs are the business side rather than the product side.

The product line is among the best of the best. The way the business is run is indefensible. It is what it is. There isn't anything new here.

Most of their parts have other options, but those options have tradeoffs. With savvy you're tradeoffs are the business side rather than the product side.
Agreed. I think with the assumption he is making, Savvy would have stopped making any products a long time ago if this was their sole method revenue generation. I have always seen them as a company made up of people who like the tj platform and sell stuff to a very niche market that doesn't buy a lot from the jcwhitneys of the jeep world.

There are other solid options out there for sure but the savvy catalog seems to be all well made and well thought out stuff.

Reactions: Irun
I think Genright, Barnes and a few others are really actively making stuff for our platform now, Savvy is just selling Blaines old designs to cash in what they can. I get supporting Blaine but that's Black Magic and not Savvy. I do like his design for the tuck but honestly at this point I'd buy some useless shit from Blaine before I'd give Savvy money.

savvy catalog seems to be all well made and well thought out stuff.
This is Blaine and not Savvy, they just follow his plans (most of the time). It's like TRE, they sell shit shackles and oh ya, Blaines stuff.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
If you still run that piece of shit on the front of the rig in your avatar, that is not really an unexpected answer, now is it?
I do actually and am well aware of it’s shortcoming. It won’t be getting replaced with a savvy though when the time comes.

Reactions: TJ Starting
3 months and counting waiting on an email re sliders. No confirmation whether I'm actually on the wait list.
I waited about four months at the beginning of the not-from-a-shithole-Chinese-lab virus outbreak without any contact except for one email exchange with the owner a couple of weeks before pick up.
This is code for: buy something else.
or if you want them it's code for wait
20220323_165000.jpg

MMDV, I don't have an emotional investment in the companies I do business with.

Reactions: tworley and rasband
I think Genright, Barnes and a few others are really actively making stuff for our platform now
Go look at their designs, understand how 6061 can bend while retaining strength, and come back. They fail over and over with their designs (even steel ones!)

I'm less than impressed with anything GR I've had or seen on buddies' rigs.

Go look at their designs, understand how 6061 can bend while retaining strength, and come back. They fail over and over with their designs (even steel ones!)

I'm less than impressed with anything GR I've had or seen on buddies' rigs.
I’m just going to go ahead and assume you aren’t talking about my fenders 😉😂