Next best to Savvy bumper?

Yours is the worst of them all!

No. I've mostly been thinking of the GR bumpers and sliders I've seen or own.
Genright stuff seems to always be almost good. There always seems to be an aspect they miss the mark on. Unfortunately it’s because they have to market to an almost intelligent crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats
Genright stuff seems to always be almost good. There always seems to be an aspect they miss the mark on. Unfortunately it’s because they have to market to an almost intelligent crowd.
I'd say it's a crowd slightly above MC folks, but I don't want to trigger people again...

We've seen a GR aluminum bumper peel a corner off with very little effort applied to it.
At least my sliders don't do that, but the step rail is stupidly placed.

Reactions: jjvw
I think Genright, Barnes and a few others are really actively making stuff for our platform now, Savvy is just selling Blaines old designs to cash in what they can. I get supporting Blaine but that's Black Magic and not Savvy. I do like his design for the tuck but honestly at this point I'd buy some useless shit from Blaine before I'd give Savvy money.

This is Blaine and not Savvy, they just follow his plans (most of the time). It's like TRE, they sell shit shackles and oh ya, Blaines stuff.
I am aware there are other options for well made tj stuff. I run some of them. I didn't say Savvy was the only option just that they have a good catalog and some parts were designed by your best friend 😉

Probably shouldn't but I will. I've literally installed more products from different vendors than I'd like to admit. Some of the products Savvy sells are unequaled. The belly skid, rocker/steps, double adjustable arms, bumpers, steering box skid, and body lift are some I can't find a better product for. Out of all those, the only product I'd modify would be the front bumper. My only ask there would be a redesign that would allow for the addition of a Swayloc that doesn't require timeserts.

This isn't coming from a Savvy fanboy. It's coming from someone who has built numerous Jeeps and learned the subtle differences from an ordinary and exceptional product.

My only ask there would be a redesign that would allow for the addition of a Swayloc that doesn't require timeserts.
Can you expand on this for me? I have a motobilt stubby and didn't do anything special with my swayloc (not saying that's good or right) and don't think I followed your build during this so don't really know what this entails.

6061 permanently deforms at about the same force per pound as steel, mild steel, crap weld steel. It seems like you don't know the numbers.
Now go take that radius and see what bumpers are within the tolerance, smart ass.

Now go take that radius and see what bumpers are within the tolerance, smart ass.
Aluminum isn't some magic bullet that is always better. Blaine knows that, that's why the sliders have steel wear sections on them. It really is as simple as weight equals strength. When you heat treat things that changes, steel wins. I don't give a shit about radius on some bumper, who cares? I'm never running this bumper that needs bumpers and can't do hard pulls. Fuck it, it's not my thing. You like it then like @jjvw says buy it.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Aluminum isn't some magic bullet that is always better. Blaine knows that, that's why the sliders have steel wear sections on them. It really is as simple as weight equals strength. When you heat treat things that changes, steel wins. I don't give a shit about radius on some bumper, who cares? I'm never running this bumper that needs bumpers and can't do hard pulls. Fuck it, it's not my thing. You like it then like @jjvw says buy it.
You're in a thread on bumpers, context matters.