Nitro / phos 12/24/12

:oops:
I'm learning something new here. I've never ventured behind the dash really, so all these parts are foreign to me.
Same here. But I think I'll get it yet. Hopefully.
I had to laugh when I noticed that your very first picture had a Wells Fargo bank in the background. Yeah, because you'll be getting very familiar with withdrawing money from some form of baking institution, now that you own one of these! Also, your second picture has a "TJ Maxx" sign in the background. Gonna name your little rig "Maxx"? Somehow seems appropriate, given the picture. ;)
Yeah I've noticed that to! Another coincidence is my initials are TJM.:cool:
take a good look at that heater core before you put the box back into the dash
Yes I have. To my inexperienced eye it looks pretty good. I would sure hate to do this again anytime soon.:oops:

Got the heater box and dash put back together. Just need to hook up the liquid lines and a few other small things before it's fully operational. Also got some gear from @Mud dauber. A 30'x3/4" kinetic rope and two soft shackles. He also include a nice bag to store it in. All very high quality and shipped them fast. Definantly excited to put it to use! Contact him for your next rope.

On another note, it looks like it might be a bit before I get the lift ordered. So I'm thinking about getting some spring spacers for the front to take care if some of the rake. I didnt want to go this rought but... From the measurements it looks like I could use about a 1.5 or 2 inch spacer. Technically I don't think that should cause any problems but am I overlooking anything or should this work.

Front

Back

Last edited:
Crawling around under the Jeep just now and noticed this new situation.

How worried should I be? And what are my options to fix it? Rear 35
From beneath the Jeep

Alright, so we're leaving Colorado and maybe Utah/Moab this next Monday (Aug 5). Btw if you have any trail suggestions, please leave them here!

So I have a lot to get done in a very short amount of time.
1. Remove PO's POS three inch body lift, get new correct length for stock height body mounts, and install Zone 4in lift that's arriving tommorow afternoon sometime.

2. Finish removing and cleaning under fender flares then reinstall them (probably with rivets mostly).

3. Finish fabing rear bumper and frame tie ins, then some temporary paint. I'll pry have it powder coated after I get back.

4. Buy and install grade eight hardware for front and rear bumpers.

5. Replace slave/master cylinder on delivery for Saturday. Also I'm extending the breather for the trans to the top of the firewall.

6. Load both TJ and YJ on the trailer to see how they fit, and plan the rest of the trip/ sort and load gear.

I also soaked all the bolts/nuts that will be taken apart for the lift on PB Blaster tonight . I don't think we should have any problems since the Jeep is rust free but what would it hurt.

I'm also throwing in some before pics.
20190801_194018.jpg

20190801_194030.jpg

20190801_194342.jpg

Again! If you have any trails suggestions for Colorado and possibly Utah/Moab, please let me know. Even better if they have camp sights along them! We will both be running 33s on 4in lifts, with moderate trail experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
For Moab
Alright, so we're leaving Colorado and maybe Utah/Moab this next Monday (Aug 5). Btw if you have any trail suggestions, please leave them here!

So I have a lot to get done in a very short amount of time.
1. Remove PO's POS three inch body lift, get new correct length for stock height body mounts, and install Zone 4in lift that's arriving tommorow afternoon sometime.

2. Finish removing and cleaning under fender flares then reinstall them (probably with rivets mostly).

3. Finish fabing rear bumper and frame tie ins, then some temporary paint. I'll pry have it powder coated after I get back.

4. Buy and install grade eight hardware for front and rear bumpers.

5. Replace slave/master cylinder on delivery for Saturday. Also I'm extending the breather for the trans to the top of the firewall.

6. Load both TJ and YJ on the trailer to see how they fit, and plan the rest of the trip/ sort and load gear.

I also soaked all the bolts/nuts that will be taken apart for the lift on PB Blaster tonight . I don't think we should have any problems since the Jeep is rust free but what would it hurt.

I'm also throwing in some before pics.View attachment 107706
View attachment 107707
View attachment 107708

Again! If you have any trails suggestions for Colorado and possibly Utah/Moab, please let me know. Even better if they have camp sights along them! We will both be running 33s on 4in lifts, with moderate trail experience.
I have no expierence in Colorado, but if you are going to do any trail in Moab I would say hell’s revenge is by far the most fun. Your jeep would be totally capable. I did it with 2 inches of lift and 32s no problem.

Reactions: TJ Starting
For Moab

I have no expierence in Colorado, but if you are going to do any trail in Moab I would say hell’s revenge is by far the most fun. Your jeep would be totally capable. I did it with 2 inches of lift and 32s no problem.
Thanks! That's the kind of info I need. If we do make it to Moab, it'll be the first on the list to check out.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Alright so got the lift is done (need to connect front swaybar yet), and the body lift removed! I can't explain how happy I am with it and will it'll fit my needs perfectly. Tommorow I'm going to quik go check my travel measurements and double make sure nothing is binding. I'll get some pics tommorow also.

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
Hoping to soon get a UCF skid and SYE to get rid of the T case drop. Probably won't be for a year though.

Also test fitting on the trailer. We're almost a foot short so out comes the metal, torch, and welder to build some temporary extensions.
IMG-20190804-WA0015.jpg