California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Good times. We have camped at Collins many times and Bullards a couple times, mostly back when we had a boat. Collins is a great "starter" camp for the wife and kids. Lake is nice & heavily stocked with fish; camps are nice but geared toward campers/moho's; workers are friendly; grounds are clean; they don't deal with knuckleheads. But it gets freakin HOT in the summer. We'd be dying sitting outside the tent while everyone else was cool as a cucumber in their moho's. Bullards is nice too when the lake is full. Last time we were there was some years ago and the lake was low. Still decent but had to use caution in the low areas with the boat.

The lake looking pretty full and inviting. We drove thru the campground on the east side of the dam. It was quiet and the sites were nice. A little tight for the coach, but doable. Driving across the dam was just cool!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
This weekend we packed up the truck and headed down to Apple Valley, in southern California, for a baby shower. We towed the jeep on a uhaul car hauler and stayed at a hotel in Yermo next to Calico. Sunday we meet up with my father in law and his JKU and went exploring. We found some awesome mines and found some great trails. We ended up following a canyon down and didn't realize until we got back to the hotel that we were on Doran. So now we just need to go up next time instead of down. :)

20180520_112720.jpg
20180520_093001.jpg
20180520_095421.jpg
20180520_100206.jpg
20180520_122444.jpg
20180520_143042.jpg
20180520_143105.jpg
20180520_144857.jpg
20180520_144937.jpg
20180520_151423.jpg
20180520_163310.jpg

This weekend we packed up the truck and headed down to Apple Valley, in southern California, for a baby shower. We towed the jeep on a uhaul car hauler and stayed at a hotel in Yermo next to Calico. Sunday we meet up with my father in law and his JKU and went exploring. We found some awesome mines and found some great trails. We ended up following a canyon down and didn't realize until we got back to the hotel that we were on Doran. So now we just need to go up next time instead of down. :)

View attachment 41862 View attachment 41863 View attachment 41864 View attachment 41865 View attachment 41866 View attachment 41867 View attachment 41868 View attachment 41869 View attachment 41870 View attachment 41871 View attachment 41872
Looks like fun...that shot of you under the arch could be a potential 'Ride of the month' winner.

Reactions: Alex01

View attachment 41862 View attachment 41863 View attachment 41864 View attachment 41865 View attachment 41866 View attachment 41867 View attachment 41868 View attachment 41869 View attachment 41870 View attachment 41871 View attachment 41872
Man that's great! Well done sir.

OH, and BTW, if anyone wants to get away from everyone this weekend and explore MNF your more than welcome to invite yourself camping with us. We considered Letts Lake but then remembered its Memorial Day weekend so we are heading to one of our more secluded camp sites. Early Saturday till Sunday cause this guy gets no holidays off lol

Sounds fun. I have an 11 month old so tent camping isn't too appealing right now unless the grandparents are available to watch her. Ironically to your name, I see there is a chance of thunderstorms Friday. Hopefully its just enough rain to keep the dust down. Have fun. Can't wait to see some photos.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Sounds fun. I have an 11 month old so tent camping isn't too appealing right now unless the grandparents are available to watch her. Ironically to your name, I see there is a chance of thunderstorms Friday. Hopefully its just enough rain to keep the dust down. Have fun. Can't wait to see some photos.

Yea not so much fun with an 11 month old lol. There have been quite a lot of mountain T storms this week but friday night should be the last of the "big" ones,,, it just means i can build the bonfire with out too much lip from the wife.

Wish I could come. I have had a couple of invites to go camping this weekend but I have a couple random scattered obligations I can’t miss so I need to stay in the bay this long weekend.

Yea not so much fun with an 11 month old lol. There have been quite a lot of mountain T storms this week but friday night should be the last of the "big" ones,,, it just means i can build the bonfire with out too much lip from the wife.

Where exactly will you be camping?

Well that was a fun storm. My wife woke me up at 5:30 and said I better get the rain fly on the Jeep, I just ended up coming to work early and getting the Jeep under cover just as it started to pour. The mountains should be nice and crisp tomorrow!

Reactions: bobthetj03
Well that was a fun storm. My wife woke me up at 5:30 and said I better get the rain fly on the Jeep, I just ended up coming to work early and getting the Jeep under cover just as it started to pour. The mountains should be nice and crisp tomorrow!

And it'll knock the dust down on the trail! Bonus!

Reactions: Thunderhead