California NorCal Jeep adventures!

It's been a few years since I've put on a Lost Coast run, so maybe we are due. Maybe I'll do something for August or September. Stay tuned!
The later in August the better or any time in September.

The later in August the better or any time in September.

I prefer September as well. Less chance of a foggy day in the north coast.

Teaser shots,
20130928_152026_zpsc70e5b0b.jpg
lc3.JPG
lc4.JPG
lc8.JPG
y5ahehy6.jpg

Looks amazing. I'm sure the wife is going to want to book a hotel. Any suggestions in the area? or town closest to the campsite you stay at?

I need to decide how long a run to do before I can suggest a place for you to stay. If I do a shorter, one day run, then there are several nice places you could stay in Fort Bragg. If we do a 2 day run, then we'd camp at Shelter Cove. There are 2 nice Inns there to choose from not too far away from where we camp.

Scenario 1: shorter day run. Start in Willits and take Sherwood Road(20 or so miles of dirt road) to Fort Bragg. Break for lunch, the head north to Usal Rd. Head to Usal Beach, hang out for a bit, then head back to Fort Bragg for overnight options or head home.

Scenario 2: Same as scenario 1, cept. leave Usal Beach and continue on Usal Rd. to Shelter Cove, stay the night, then next day head out on King's Peak trail to Honey Dew, then east thru Humboldt Redwoods State Park and head home via SR101. This scenario is 2 long filled days, so not for the weak hearted. There is an exit option to skip day two's portion where you could take the main road out of Shelter Cove back to SR101 just north of Garberville. We ended up do that one year when the weather turned nasty.

The wife and I made it to Usal beach last year. Good camping but there was a Native group that was all camped out and full, so we stayed in fort bragg.
The Motel 6 we had a real bad experience with loud neighbors, like all night long locals who worked till 2am then decided to party, wasn't impressed with our stay at the Super 8 either. The best stay we have had is the Holiday Inn Express. Tons of places to explore like Jug handle beach and the pygmy forest (fun hike, small old tress not that impressive lol ) Russian Gulch is supposed to be nice

Thanks @Mr. Bills & @Thunderhead for the heads up. @bobthetj03 I would be game for either option. If I could pick though I would lean towards option 2 :). My weekends in September are completely open at this point.

Thanks @Mr. Bills & @Thunderhead for the heads up. @bobthetj03 I would be game for either option. If I could pick though I would lean towards option 2 :). My weekends in September are completely open at this point.

It truly is a beautiful stretch of coastline that few folks get to see. The redwoods are just amazing to!

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
I watched some youtube videos of people driving the road and it looks amazing. Next, we need to plan a trip with a high likelihood of myself or someone getting stuck. Found a great deal on a warn m8000 on amazon warehouse deals and will need to make sure it works :)

I watched some youtube videos of people driving the road and it looks amazing. Next, we need to plan a trip though soon with a high likelihood of myself or someone getting stuck. Found a great deal on a warn m8000 on amazon warehouse deals and will need to make sure it works :)

Slick Rock should likely fit the bill for winch practice.

Hey NorCal Jeepers, chime in and say hi, post your local jeep runs, get togethers, and other shenanigans.

Hey Bob! We're at it again! Come on out an join us on the 23rd. For those of you that didn't attend last year:

Last year's meet-up was a stellar event with over 40 rigs in attendance! This is the event that got a lot of the East Bay moving. This year's squeal promises to be a great opportunity to get our group together again and to meet our newest members. We will start at 12:00 PM and have a food truck (Pia's Wood Fire Pizza) arrive at 1:00 PM. There will also be tours of the operation and, of course, some of the best award-winning beers in the Bay Area. Let’s get together and plan out some epic trips for the season! Epidemic Ales - 150 Mason Cir J, Concord, CA 94520. All overland-centric clubs invited! Be there!

upload_2018-6-17_11-18-22.png