Not Getting The Color Jeep You Wanted

Both of my last vehicles I wanted a dark grey, though both deals I found came in red
Ram2500 (15).JPG
Wrangler (1).JPG

Red has grown on me since. Though I will still look for the grey I want in my next vehicle.

Reactions: Zedd and L J
Had a Gray CJ5 and a Black TJ. Said if I ever sold them I’d buy a Khaki LJ. Day after I sold the CJ the LJ hit the market an hour or so North of me. Just knew it was destined to be mine.
365C29AF-BC42-4E50-8FD6-D90F46397506.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch and Zedd
Depending on the car, I’d probably just wrap it if I don’t care for the color. The prices are getting fairly competitive for custom work (though I’m sure I’d rather spend money elsewhere than on a wrap on my LJR). Though I’m more of a function over form guy. My laptop looks like a brick (but you could toss it off your balcony and it still boots up - then maybe light it on fire and dump water on it to put it out while it still is fine).

I knew that no matter what I didn't want a silver one,,,they are everywhere .when I found my 04 rubi my son said you got a old man color,,,,ha good I'm an old man......this was last week in az...
F890B94A-684D-473A-8475-0C9DF170F291.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
Interesting how the mind works with colors you like or just might be familiar with. Bought my first jeep little over a year ago. 98 Wrangler Gunmetal, kinda blue grey, not a flashy stand out color. with factory spoked wheels, think they are called canyons. Looked OK to my eyes when I bought it, was more interested in the mechanics. I am not a flashy guy. I drive several vehicles, have a silver Surburban, old black pick up, and an old Brown gold beater surbarban for a work truck. Not a lot of extra chrome and lights on my gold wing, etc.

So first time out shopping in my new jeep was on a saturday at wallyworld. Was in a hurry, parked ran in got what I needed, headed out the door. Humm "Where the hell did I park?" Thinking, OK, what color was it again? Ya know, kinda doing one of those 1/10 of a second flash thoughts, realizing I had a brain fart time that I did not pay better attention to where I parked. Hey, I am going to look good driving my basket up and down the rows in the parking lot till I can find my car, Right? haha

One scan, and "Bingo", I spotted it right off. Now, how the hell did I pick that Jeep up scanning probabally over a hundred cars in 3-5 seconds? I finally put together, in the early 70's I had a very stout 327 4 speed 4.56 gear 64 chevelle station wagon DD, almost the same color gunmetal blue gray, with almost the same ET 5 spoke mag wheels, and it hit home. What is that word Dagivu? Ha Ha.

Been there and done that with those colors and wheels, and I like it fitting me.

Thanks for starting this thread. Kinda like turning off the road onto a trail, ya never know where it might lead.