California November Castle Crags State Park run

Should I submit for October? 🤨
It's bad etiquette to have someone else's jeep as your ROTM signature. :p

Also, you were talking about getting some TRE stuff. The rules make no mention that the entry needs to be a specific make or model.

1570224884931.png

Reactions: Indy
There is a Test in Chico Dec 1st that I may try to make. @Alex01 from the practice test are you able to figure out wtf they are meaning or are you just good at reading and recall? Is a instruction book worth it or just wing it till Indy can explain ?

There is a Test in Chico Dec 1st that I may try to make. @Alex01 from the practice test are you able to figure out wtf they are meaning or are you just good at reading and recall? Is a instruction book worth it or just wing it till Indy can explain ?
I downloaded the "ham test prep" app and watched 1/2 of a ham class video on youtube. When I first took the test I was getting around 40% scores but quickly got up to 65-70%. By day 3 I was ranging between 70-85% with a pass rate of 85% (a passing score is 26/35). All the questions you will see on the test are identical to the ones you will find on the app. When you show up to the testing center you can take the test as many times as you like. It may cost $14-$15 per try though...

The app will let you make a selection then instantly tell you whether you are correct or not. I probably took around 60-80 tests before walking in. I'm terrible at tests that involve memory so you may be able to pick it up faster than me.

Don't go too much into details like an instruction book. It'll confuse you more than you need to be. Just take the practice test till you get around 80% consistently.

Also, before you go to take your test. Get your FRN from FCC (online registration - link). This way you won't have to give your SSN to the people who hand out tests and getting your call sign will be faster.

Also, before you go to take your test. Get your FRN from FCC (online registration - link). This way you won't have to give your SSN to the people who hand out tests and getting your call sign will be faster.

So I registered; just print the page and take it to the test with me ?

So I registered; just print the page and take it to the test with me ?
Record the FRN number. When you register for the class they will have you fill out paperwork that will ask for it.

How are HAM licenses policed? Anyone can buy a HAM on Amazon for $30. Just asking, not trying to disrespect anyone.

🤔

How are HAM licenses policed? Anyone can buy a HAM on Amazon for $30. Just asking, not trying to disrespect anyone.

🤔
My understanding is they are mainly policed by other licensed operators that could report you to the FFC. Offroad for the uses we would use it for, I highly doubt you would ever get caught. 🤫

So what’s the plan on this trip?

Is everyone going to be staying at that Rail Road park place and then going out doing trail runs from there? I am not familiar with that are at all but might be available that weekend.

Reactions: Alex01
So what’s the plan on this trip?

Is everyone going to be staying at that Rail Road park place and then going out doing trail runs from there? I am not familiar with that are at all but might be available that weekend.
Yep sounds like most people are staying there Friday night. Then we’re all meeting at the Chevron Saturday morning for the trails. Im not too familiar with it either but it looks pretty mild.