Nugget

My mom lives in Wasilla. I’ve never been to AK but you guys have to be a hardy bunch of crazies. I hear it’s beautiful there two months a year if the mosquitos don’t carry you away.

Great story with the Jeep. Color is cool by me. Like the Electric Lime Green I have. Some love it, some hate it.

this being our sixth winter. We are about burned out. Just shoveled 10” of snow.

the electric green is also an awesome color.

Reactions: Wildman
this being our sixth winter. We are about burned out. Just shoveled 10” of snow.

I'm not looking forward to that. I just got the new carb for my snowblower so hopefully it'll be running this winter.

I have friends who still live in Fairbanks and other areas. I just don't think I could deal with those winters anymore.
So come on share some more about this swap and what is happening with it now.

1st winter here in AK for me, just moved to the Kenai area last week from Ohio. I know we don’t get Fairbanks weather down here but Winter came quick!

1st winter here in AK for me, just moved to the Kenai area last week from Ohio. I know we don’t get Fairbanks weather down here but Winter came quick!
Have not made it down there yet,

now here’s to hoping I can next summer. Enjoy Alaska. I don’t know how it is down there but it is quite the experience up here. I’d love to make the trip to katmai national park to see the bears catching and eating salmon at the waterfall.

Never really cared for the Gold background. Was too much bling, enter metallic gunmetal gray.
Along with very pretty little idiot lights.

68958A63-006D-402D-8CDF-C3549F3E6DB2.jpeg

This thread really shows me how much I sit on my Bum. Still haven’t finished installing the cross member. It’s all there. But a wife and kids and two hours to play after work really doesn’t give much time to get anything done. And yes the garage is heated. But that concrete gets cold. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: DuncLJ and Wildman
Drove to work and realized the front drive shaft is binding. Don’t know if it is from the cable shifter. Or that I haven’t installed the new CAs to change the pinion angle of the rear drive shaft.

but looking under the Jeep I realized I did a half ass job and didn’t tighten a single body mount bolt. They were maybe a thread or two deep. I told myself three times need to tighten those before you forget. I had them loose trying to realign the drivers rear.
It’s always something, I forget. My wife’s used to find it cute. Now it drives her insane. Before I finish any task she asks me what did you forget. I’m at the point I don’t even tell her anymore 😆

Not knowing if I could install the control arms while being on the ground I’ve been driving with the original CAs. Needless to say it felt like it was binding. Didn’t want to go to the auto skills bay and pay to use the lift. So me and the youngest boy kicked moms Jeep out into the cold and installed the new Arms. I didn’t realize how off the angles were from the tummy tuck. It was huge change In angle. Lucky for us a few months ago I installed a Dana 44. So all of the hardware was easy to get off. I only had to torch one nut to break it free.

Great news glad you got them replaced. I spent a lot of time at the auto shop when I was stationed up there. Hated working out in the cold. And barracks life didn't include a garage. Did that enough when we were out in the field.

Keep getting after it and you'll have it finished really soon. What all do you have left to make the swap 100% complete?

My son sure likes the Jeep. At 9 years old every dollar he gets for birthdays and holidays he puts in savings. He already has over a Grand.

he even has a little green book where he clips things out of the parts mags. And some times the four mags

Great news glad you got them replaced. I spent a lot of time at the auto shop when I was stationed up there. Hated working out in the cold. And barracks life didn't include a garage. Did that enough when we were out in the field.

Keep getting after it and you'll have it finished really soon. What all do you have left to make the swap 100% complete?
Wiring honestly is all that’s left.
I have to wire the bud and fan relays.

Wiring....... The FUN part. Once I get to that point I want to make this harness FIT my Jeep better and I'm going to do the same with the ORO harness for the AiRock. Right now it's a One Size Fits All affair.