Off-Topic tech assistance maybe?

So, do either of you think that a transmission swap is harder than this?
Just to get the exhaust routed-
View attachment 69076
And the associated heat management.
View attachment 69077

Oh, I'm not debating that it's more difficult and involved. No argument there whatsoever.

I'm just saying that if I can't stop my damn Jeep from doing these harmonic / cyclical vibrations at 60 mph and up, then it might be time to consider other options. I would of course have to pay someone to do that.

Oh, I'm not debating that it's more difficult and involved. No argument there whatsoever.

I'm just saying that if I can't stop my damn Jeep from doing these harmonic / cyclical vibrations at 60 mph and up, then it might be time to consider other options. I would of course have to pay someone to do that.
Hub conversions are even cheaper than transmission swaps.

I’m hoping mine isn’t like Sri’s, where his doesn’t go away with the front driveshaft removed. Once I get it back together I’ll find out for sure.

Or mine.

Isn't the CPS on the driver side on the NV3550?

TH400 and call it done.
Why? It is still a 3 speed. It is longer, and requires a fair bit of adaptation to get behind the 4.0. If you're even remotely considering that one, just swap in the plug and play 32RH and avoid the hassle of adapting. There is no benefit to the T400 that will be seen behind the 4.0.

Why? It is still a 3 speed. It is longer, and requires a fair bit of adaptation to get behind the 4.0. If you're even remotely considering that one, just swap in the plug and play 32RH and avoid the hassle of adapting. There is no benefit to the T400 that will be seen behind the 4.0.
Ive seen it a few times, my guess was they got it cheap or were familiar with the swap. Behind the 4.0 it is overkill. I was looking for something that has a lot of aftermarket support. Figured it would shift really well compared to the 42.

Is the 32RH a trans that behaves better than the 42?

Not a fan of the shifting characteristics that 42 has. Hunting for gears and all.

Ive seen it a few times, my guess was they got it cheap or were familiar with the swap. Behind the 4.0 it is overkill. I was looking for something that has a lot of aftermarket support. Figured it would shift really well compared to the 42.

Is the 32RH a trans that behaves better than the 42?

Not a fan of the shifting characteristics that 42 has. Hunting for gears and all.
The 42 doesn't hunt when it is in front of correctly geared axles.
No one should go back to a 3 speed unless there are some way out of the norm requirements to do so.

Reactions: Chris