Official Craigslist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality, the coolness factor of a CJ is about all they have going for them IMO. I've had my fill of CJ carburetors, rough ride, noisy interiors, uncomfortable seats, leaky tops, and such. I'd much rather be driving a TJ.

Unless you can afford to store it and drive it once in a blue moon.

Oh absolutely. The TJ is far more practical, no question on that at all. As @Chris put it nicely elsewhere, TJs are modern enough without being too modern. The older Jeeps do have a presence though and I like them a lot for what they represented (and how they look).

Oh absolutely. The TJ is far more practical, no question on that at all. As @Chris put it nicely elsewhere, TJs are modern enough without being too modern. The older Jeeps do have a presence though and I like them a lot for what they represented (and how they look).
They are nostalgic. My '83 CJ7 had that same chrome grille and chrome spoke wheels.

Reactions: psrivats
In reality, the coolness factor of a CJ is about all they have going for them IMO. I've had my fill of CJ carburetors, rough ride, noisy interiors, uncomfortable seats, leaky tops, and such. I'd much rather be driving a TJ.

Unless you can afford to store it and drive it once in a blue moon.
I would give my updated TJ, my Lincoln Town Car, one of the kids, and my left...foot.(?)...for that ride. Yes, some old carbs are a PITA, but as for the rest of it, I have no issue whatsoever. The nostalgia factor trumps all of it, for me. Call me a glutton for punishment, but that would so fit the bill for me!

*Besides the coolness factor, they have an even better take on simplicity than our TJs do. They're so simple, they're borderline archaic, and I see that as a positive. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats and ac_
I would give my updated TJ, my Lincoln Town Car, one of the kids, and my left...foot.(?)...for that ride. Yes, some old carbs are a PITA, but as for the rest of it, I have no issue whatsoever. The nostalgia factor trumps all of it, for me. Call me a glutton for punishment, but that would so fit the bill for me!

*Besides the coolness factor, they have an even better take on simplicity than our TJs do. They're so simple, they're borderline archaic, and I see that as a positive. ;)

I tend to agree, If I wasn't so reliant on A/C, I would own one.

Reactions: Squatch
A real time capsule and mint 1974 CJ5 with only 43k miles on it. It looks to be extremely maintained and well taken care of. Really collector quality. I don't think you can find a better one anywhere, though the price us high at 22k.

@Chris @Squatch you guys interested?

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/collector-1974-jeep-cj-5-near/6716229978.html
View attachment 57919 View attachment 57920 View attachment 57921 View attachment 57922 View attachment 57923 View attachment 57924 View attachment 57925 View attachment 57926

I wish the TJs had a dashboard like that!

Reactions: zip04 and Squatch
I’m thinking JK on this next go round. I drove one Saturday and although it is very different I kinda miss the creature comforts haha. Decent priced LJ tho!

I sure hope you get a fun JK at least. My Dad has a 2013 automatic JKU Sahara that I drove a bunch in high school and still drive when I’m back home from college nowadays. I absolutely can’t stand it. I can’t believe how boring it is to drive compared to my TJ.

Though, I’d imagine a 2 door manual with steeper rear gears and a supercharger would be a lot more fun...

Reactions: Chris
Those might just be the ugliest bumpers I've ever seen!

Yeah those are pretty brutal. Those bumpers would be the first things I changed if I bought that Jeep. I think the 8 inch gap between the rear crossmember and the rear bumper is hilarious though...

I sure hope you get a fun JK at least. My Dad has a 2013 automatic JKU Sahara that I drove a bunch in high school and still drive when I’m back home from college nowadays. I absolutely can’t stand it. I can’t believe how boring it is to drive compared to my TJ.

Though, I’d imagine a 2 door manual with steeper rear gears and a supercharger would be a lot more fun...
A jeep is a Jeep to me with the “fun level to drive”. Top comes off of both so it’s the same experience. 4.10s in a jk with 35s does ride a hell of a lot different than in a tj tho...I will say that hahaha.

Yeah those are pretty brutal. Those bumpers would be the first things I changed if I bought that Jeep. I think the 8 inch gap between the rear crossmember and the rear bumper is hilarious though...

Agreed. I'm not sure what the person was thinking who made those... They just ruin the look!

Reactions: tomtaylz
The build sheet says Sport, not Rubicon, but I didn't think you could get a Rock-Trac in anything BUT a Rubi. All the other options seem to be there, too. ???

There is something wrong with the build sheet. I looked at it as well. Everything says it is a Rubicon except the title at the top. Sometimes the Jeep build sheet tool can be a bit finicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.