Oil pan skid plate

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I need an oil pan skid plate asap! 1998 Sport Recommendations? Anyone have the Teraflex skid. I see it's on Amazon which I use A LOT. I would give a link but not sure how from my phone. TIA

If you have the 32rh transmission, you don't want any of the bolt on oil pan skids. They bolt to the very tiny ears at the bottom with small bolts. If you have a manual, I would highly recommend the Metalcloak oil pan skid. All of those bolt on oil pan skids are basically the same, but I actually had the Metalcloak one and it was very well built. I returned it once I learned how they attach to the auto transmission.

I opted for the skid row engine skid, which I would recommend over any of the oil pan skids. It provides protection for both the oil pan and the transmission pan, and eliminates the "shovel" of the stock transfer case skid.

Reactions: Kevin E
If you have the 32rh transmission, you don't want any of the bolt on oil pan skids. They bolt to the very tiny ears at the bottom with small bolts. If you have a manual, I would highly recommend the Metalcloak oil pan skid. All of those bolt on oil pan skids are basically the same, but I actually had the Metalcloak one and it was very well built. I returned it once I learned how they attach to the auto transmission.

I opted for the skid row engine skid, which I would recommend over any of the oil pan skids. It provides protection for both the oil pan and the transmission pan, and eliminates the "shovel" of the stock transfer case skid.

Was looking at the Skid Row myself. Not many options for the 2.4 for one thing plus it "smooths out" the factory shovel.