OME Spring Advice

My Teraflex shit turned to shit, I stopped wanting anything to do with them and their stuff.

As you can see from my Teraflex windshield decal on my previous TJ, I did like them at one time. Damn, I still had dark hair back then.

View attachment 272850
which teraflex stuff did you have that went bad?
I have the teraflex springs and rear track bar relocation bracket

which teraflex stuff did you have that went bad?
I have the teraflex springs and rear track bar relocation bracket
Springs and control arms, especially their control arms which had a terrible crappy non-flexible design. So inflexible their control arms tore two of my control arm mount brackets out of their welds.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
Ok it's your ride but be aware when people talk about how good the OME shocks ride they're talking about the older Nitrocharger like I used to run... not their current Nitrocharger Sport. At least if they ARE TJ owners. And with your TJ's light weight, according to you, nearly any 2" spring will give you more than 2".
I personally bought the OME lift kit and I agree with Jerry and Chris. If I had to do it over again I would go with the Ranchos and Pro Comp springs. All you have to do is go for a drive on a rig with the Ranchos...it's a big difference...for the better. Quite a bit cheaper too with a better result.

I would ditch the OME springs altogether for something else personally. I don’t think the springs are anything special.
X2, they're not. It was the old now-discontinued OME Nitrocharger shock that was special.
The OME springs are longer than any other offering at that lift height, which is an advantage for those wanting maximum droop without unseating.

I personally bought the OME lift kit and I agree with Jerry and Chris. If I had to do it over again I would go with the Ranchos and Pro Comp springs. All you have to do is go for a drive on a rig with the Ranchos...it's a big difference...for the better. Quite a bit cheaper too with a better result.
Which OME shocks did you get with your kit?

I would ditch the OME springs altogether for something else personally. I don’t think the springs are anything special.
The only thing special about OME springs is that there is a wide variety of rates and lengths to help get a specific ride height for the specific weight of the Jeep in the 1-3" lift height range.

The irritating thing about OME springs is that the variety of rates and lengths confuses more people than it helps.

Reactions: Chris
The irritating thing about OME springs is that the variety of rates and lengths confuses more people than it helps.
Exactly

Went down this path once before and it’s just too confusing. There ought to be a guide for the various springs they offer and the outcome of different combinations.

That is a shock concern. All the springs do is create the ride height, which OME can do very well if you understand how to use their abundance of spring options to your advantage.

Last edited:
Exactly

Went down this path once before and it’s just too confusing. There ought to be a guide for the various springs they offer and the outcome of different combinations.

Once you understand sprung weight, it gets much less confusing. The full version of that spring and shock chart I gave you last year has a ride height calculator that was pretty accurate.

Once you understand sprung weight, it gets much less confusing. The full version of that spring and shock chart I gave you last year has a ride height calculator that was pretty accurate.
Maybe I need to go back and check that out. Of course at this point I think I’d be happy if I never heard about 2” lifts again 😆

Maybe I need to go back and check that out. Of course at this point I think I’d be happy if I never heard about 2” lifts again 😆
The version I gave you doesn't have that part. While I understood how to use it because I made it, it wasn't ready for public consumption. Too easy to get bad results, if you aren't careful.

you should make a guide to lifting a Jeep.. then people will naturally read that first right?
Halfway through life, one thing I've learned is that people will always follow instructions and will do so enthusiastically.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq and Chris