On-Board Air

Yup this is the same reason I don't do CO2. My local shop will refill but you wait from 1 to 30 days and risk them losing/swapping your bottle. I have some tanks for making beer and it is a real pain dealing with the local refill shops.
Exactly, check price & availability before investing in a CO2 setup. Some places are really picky about filling tanks.

@JMT I have a Viair 450P that I picked up used for ~200 couple years ago. It's 100% duty cycle rated and it had very good specs. Something like that would serve you well, just keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace/Jeep groups and such.

Reactions: voodooridr and JMT
@JMT I have a Viair 450P that I picked up used for ~200 couple years ago. It's 100% duty cycle rated and it had very good specs. Something like that would serve you well, just keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace/Jeep groups and such.
Good idea. I like the idea of a CO2 tank, but I also like the idea of not ever having to go fill a tank. I’m going to keep my eye out and think on this.

Reactions: Wildman
@psrivats

Look at this. Just went on FB Marketplace and walla!

8EE8F732-C219-4BAD-A40D-4EF4A52E672A.png

There you go! That's perfect. Buy it!
1.80 com

Fill times. I air down to 10psi and run daily at 24psi. Sounds like it would take ~3.5 minutes per tire. Hmm…

E3E433F4-6089-4902-B38F-15C2AF6059CA.png

Only CO2 will be faster than that, I think.
Looks like the 440P boasts 3.0cfm and fills a 35 “ tire from 15-30psi in 2 min 15 sec. not one available on FB though.

Does that one minute difference really matter ? 🙂
My 88P fills them in 4:15, so I’m contemplating the value of reducing each tire 45 seconds.

Last time my sons and I went out it took over 30 minutes with the 88P to do all eight tires, so I need something.

A lot of our outings are only 5 minutes from the house, so we just drive home for those. The other outings are all 1:15 or more away, so we need something for those “occasional trips.”

Last edited:
I have a CO2 Tank built from parts on Amazon and luv it. Coiled air line reaches all 4 corners of the jeep and it takes seconds to fill from 18 PSI to 25 PSI. I usualy have the hose put away and chatting with the others that I wheel with as they get to there 2nd wheel.
Made my own holder for it in the back and also put a cable lock on it just in case I were to get into an accident. After all, aluminum tanks are is still heavy when there airborn. Cost me around $10.00 bucks to fill up at a local liquor store 5 min from work. They fill CO2 tanks for soda drinks.

My 88P fills them in 4:15, so I’m contemplating the value of reducing each tire 45 seconds.

Last time my sons and I went out it took over 30 minutes with the 88P to do all eight tires.
Yeah .. you may need to consider a CO2 setup probably. Or something like a York (can get spendy unless you go pull something from a junkyard and do what @jjvw did).

Reactions: JMT
I'm using a co2 tank, usually $23 or so for refills at a welding shop. Also have a Viair 400h under the hood for when the tank runs out.

Going to get the Puma compressor soon. Sick of paying to refill the co2.
Want to sell your CO2 setup? 😊

• Haha
Reactions: suicideking