Opinions on Aluminum Trail Doors

They take soft uppers and have a cool bag and have actual customer service. Mainly the soft upper tho, it rains too much in WA to be without something to keep the wa out.
I know, a year old thread.

Do only the Bestop p/n listed by GenRight ("call Bestop") work with their doors or did you happen to find others?

Thanks.

I know, a year old thread.

Do only the Bestop p/n listed by GenRight ("call Bestop") work with their doors or did you happen to find others?

Thanks.
I'm still just running soft doors with soft uppers so I can't confirm genright compatibility. They're still on the list tho!

I'm still just running soft doors with soft uppers so I can't confirm genright compatibility. They're still on the list tho!
Getting the GR door powder-coated soon and just ordered the Bestop uppers. Up to 8 weeks backorder. $142 each.
Guess I'll drive it in only very nice weather once the top comes off. Late April, early May should be about right.

Getting the GR door powder-coated soon and just ordered the Bestop uppers. Up to 8 weeks backorder. $142 each.
Guess I'll drive it in only very nice weather once the top comes off. Late April, early May should be about right.
Did you get the new GR doors?

Can you post some pictures please.
When I get them out of the shipping box..:) I sure will. Right now I'm searching and shopping for door pins. I have no idea the condition of those on the LJR (30k mi) but would like to be armed with something that might improve R/R of the doors. Delrin, etc. And if I remember, there's a pin set that makes the pins unequal in length to facilitate R/R.
I'm going with OEM hinges and mirrors on the GR half doors. Measure and drill Saturday I hope.

Haven’t seen any pictures of the new doors. Curious how they look. Been waiting for a set myself
Don't know if these differ from previous GR doors.

PXL_20220317_215304053.jpg

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
They sure do look good.

I probably talked about it earlier in this thread but I tried the trail door thing and it wasn't for me. Mine were the JCR, and the bestop latches they used were rattly as all hell, and I didn't like being stuck with 1 specific model of soft uppers. The next set of half doors I buy will have to accept factory uppers so I can use hard ones.

Reactions: Bigmac
They sure do look good.

I probably talked about it earlier in this thread but I tried the trail door thing and it wasn't for me. Mine were the JCR, and the bestop latches they used were rattly as all hell, and I didn't like being stuck with 1 specific model of soft uppers. The next set of half doors I buy will have to accept factory uppers so I can use hard ones.
don't get me wrong, i like mine, but im on the hunt for factory halfs. i have some bestop safari doors in real rough shape that i bought so i could use the uppers on the aluminum doors.

if im running them without uppers in the rocks i think, "gee, i could have brought those trashed safari doors" when I run the uppers i think, "gee, ill bet Factory halfs and uppers are alot more use friendly"

so ive decided I'll probably sell the genright lowers to make up the cost dif on some factory halfs.

lets be real the only reason i would and have ever run the uppers on the genrights is the wife is picky about the dust.

the again it didn't rain much in 29 palms.... Oklahoma is a new adventure.

anyway if anyone is interested let me know. especially if you have black factory halves....

Reactions: Irun
don't get me wrong, i like mine, but im on the hunt for factory halfs. i have some bestop safari doors in real rough shape that i bought so i could use the uppers on the aluminum doors.

if im running them without uppers in the rocks i think, "gee, i could have brought those trashed safari doors" when I run the uppers i think, "gee, ill bet Factory halfs and uppers are alot more use friendly"

so ive decided I'll probably sell the genright lowers to make up the cost dif on some factory halfs.

lets be real the only reason i would and have ever run the uppers on the genrights is the wife is picky about the dust.

the again it didn't rain much in 29 palms.... Oklahoma is a new adventure.

anyway if anyone is interested let me know. especially if you have black factory halves....

Yep. It was one thing going doorless for 15 minutes to hit Pike National Forest, but now all the wheeling spots are hours away. I don't want to leave my hard doors at an unattended camp site and making that drive doorless is a non starter with the wife, so she was the whole reason behind getting half doors to begin with. It took a 10 minute highway ride with the soft uppers for her to let me know that wasn't going to work. So when I got rid of the forest green pearl TJ for the flame red LJ, I sold the door setup instead of redoing the paint job.

Also in the market for some halves, preferably OEM. Flame red is a bonus. All the people selling them in eBay are on crack and when I find them in a salvage yard they're beat to hell and missing the inner panels and/or the guts.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_H and JMT