Opinions on Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels?

WallyWest

TJ Addict
Considering these, and I was told by a local distributor that they were discontinuing the 15x8 with the TJ bolt pattern. Don't see anything on Cepek's site about that so I don't know.

In any case, are they well regarded? I know @JMT runs them.

I like the looks, not too blingy but still a cool design. I'm still debating between staying with my factory Ravines and a KO2 33x10.5 (when they are back in stock), or the DC-2 and a 33x12.5, which everybody makes.

Kind of annoying, Cepek has a 33x10.5 in the MT line, but not the AT.

I had the blackout DC-2's before I switched to beadlocks. I liked them and thought they looked good.

The Ravine is 15x8 just like the size you said you wanted, you can run the same tires. You can use spacers to get the correct backspacing.

The Ravine is 15x8 just like the size you said you wanted, you can run the same tires. You can use spacers to get the correct backspacing.

Risky in PA. Automatic fail for inspection, and cops have been known to ticket people for them.

• Face Palm
Reactions: L J
Considering these, and I was told by a local distributor that they were discontinuing the 15x8 with the TJ bolt pattern. Don't see anything on Cepek's site about that so I don't know.

In any case, are they well regarded? I know @JMT runs them.

I like the looks, not too blingy but still a cool design. I'm still debating between staying with my factory Ravines and a KO2 33x10.5 (when they are back in stock), or the DC-2 and a 33x12.5, which everybody makes.

Kind of annoying, Cepek has a 33x10.5 in the MT line, but not the AT.
I’ve never had trouble with DC-2’s. If you like them, go for them. I have a tough time leaving them bc I’ve become accustomed to the look. One day I’ll walk away from them. Into what I’m unsure.

Thanks for the info guys. After much waffling I decided to try and stick with my wheels and get the 10.5" wide tires that will work without spacers.

To that end I just placed an order for KO2 tires, 33x10.5. Through Discount Tire, they showed 7 available, I ordered 5. With various discount codes they're running right now, and $60 off for using their credit card, came out to $219/tire.

Going back in to the site after ordering and it shows that tire on backorder. So we'll see, it did accept the order and generated a confirmation.

Reactions: JMT and PRNDL
They are not my favorite looking wheel. But functionality wise they work. I really like the stock ravines. I run them with spacers and 35x12.50s. I had no idea spacers were illegal in PA though.

Here is my lightning McQueen poser shot, kachow!

FB_IMG_1636759806764.jpg

Last edited: