"Pacing myself" build

I want to keep my GMRS radio where it's at for now, so my Ham radio will need a removable face plate so I can mount the main unit behind the dash or under the seat, and the face plate somewhere on top of the dash or windshield pillar.
I'm looking hard at this one,
https://www.gigaparts.com/yaesu-ftm...kHySPG7WrRmGm-7u6UlP_uAtPHBxuaVsaAuVWEALw_wcB
I like a simple, analog unit. I don't need a bunch of fancy features. It's new, so I'm still waiting to see if it can be unlocked for GMRS frequencies without too much shenanigans.
If it proves universal for my needs, then I may get rid of the GMRS radio, although I do like it's features.

Just for funzies........... and I was bored.
20220204_154832.jpg

I want to keep my GMRS radio where it's at for now, so my Ham radio will need a removable face plate so I can mount the main unit behind the dash or under the seat, and the face plate somewhere on top of the dash or windshield pillar.
I'm looking hard at this one,
https://www.gigaparts.com/yaesu-ftm...kHySPG7WrRmGm-7u6UlP_uAtPHBxuaVsaAuVWEALw_wcB
I like a simple, analog unit. I don't need a bunch of fancy features. It's new, so I'm still waiting to see if it can be unlocked for GMRS frequencies without too much shenanigans.
If it proves universal for my needs, then I may get rid of the GMRS radio, although I do like it's features.
Giga parts is nice because for 20 or so they'll do the mars mod for you.

Edit: $35

https://www.gigaparts.com/gigaparts-marsmod-level-4.html

There was still over a foot of snow on the dark side of Goat Mt. I couldn't make it to the summit. Didn't want to risk it as it was getting late.
I'm so jealous of you all who have lots of scenic places to wheel. Not so much here, so keep sharing the stories! ;)

Reactions: DrDmoney
I'm so jealous of you all who have lots of scenic places to wheel. Not so much here, so keep sharing the stories! ;)
I wish it could have been more scenic. Most of the area burnt in 2018, and then again in 2019. There was a ton of downed, burnt trees along the trails, which made for some interesting maneuvering. I'm ordering a Dewalt battery powered chain saw to pack along with me for future trips.

I wish it could have been more scenic. Most of the area burnt in 2018, and then again in 2019. There was a ton of downed, burnt trees along the trails, which made for some interesting maneuvering. I'm ordering a Dewalt battery powered chain saw to pack along with me for future trips.
I have 2 Stihl and 2 Husky gas saws but I will grab that little DeWalt every time.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Bout time! :)

Reactions: bobthetj03
So….. I’ll probably post pics up in my thread. Great day. Spent most of the day hiking the creek. Water was super high so I couldn’t cross. We ate lunch then continued up another 4-5 mile in the Jeep. Came around a corner and saw a dead guy in the snow in the middle of the road
His car was about 20 yards up stuck
Laura recognized the car from a Corning FB post so we came back and called it in.

Just Drove around a turn and we are looking at a little Chihuahua sitting on top of a dead body..... had to make that compute. Fed the dog but couldn't catch it so we left the car door open and food.
I think the Red Bluff Search and rescue are heading up in the am
Been missing for 2 weeks
Car smelled really bad like he sat in it for a few days