"Pacing myself" build

Engine light came on Sunday. Checked it yesterday, Camshaft position sensor code. I just replaced that synchronizer 6 months ago with a Standard Ignition unit. Checked the plug and the wiring. All looked good. Apparently not, got in to go home and no starty. Luckily I hung on to my old unit, so I took the CPS off the old synchro and replaced it. Just another example of cheap China crap and Mopar not liking it.

So, I get nothing from the dash or floor. Only defrost. I poked under the dash and checked the actuators. Where should I start looking?

So, I get nothing from the dash or floor. Only defrost. I poked under the dash and checked the actuators. Where should I start looking?

IIRC that’s a vacuum leak. Check the vacuum line under the hood.

Reactions: zebra12
Mine was above the throttle pedal, one of the connections was loose.

16600263332146717106382951670282.jpg

Reactions: bobthetj03
Ended up being the air line that goes into the firewall was cracked. 1/8 vacuum tubing to the rescue. While I was at it, I finally installed this beast!
View attachment 351645
Is there a preferred configuration for the clamps?

I prefer that configuration of the clamps on the passenger side because it avoids having contact with the steering damper under articulation. I'm not sure the driver's side matters, so I prefer to get it up as much out of the way as possible, flipped over.

Reactions: Irun and bobthetj03
I prefer that configuration of the clamps on the passenger side because it avoids having contact with the steering damper under articulation. I'm not sure the driver's side matters, so I prefer to get it up as much out of the way as possible, flipped over.

That was my thought as well.

Reactions: Irun and JMT
Engine light came on Sunday. Checked it yesterday, Camshaft position sensor code. I just replaced that synchronizer 6 months ago with a Standard Ignition unit. Checked the plug and the wiring. All looked good. Apparently not, got in to go home and no starty. Luckily I hung on to my old unit, so I took the CPS off the old synchro and replaced it. Just another example of cheap China crap and Mopar not liking it.

Wish I hadn't seen this. In May I replaced the one on my '04 LJ with a SMP sensor. :(

20220529_141608-jpg.334052

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Wish I hadn't seen this. In May I replaced the one on my '04 LJ with a SMP sensor. :(

20220529_141608-jpg.334052

Not a lot of choices for a replacement. I'm keeping the original Mopar one on until it fails and have that PC380 in the glove box for when it does.

Reactions: Irun