AWayne

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Alright, starting another thread because I done some test rattle bombs before stripping the wheels down and actually putting the effort into painting them right.

What’s the consensus? Graphite? Bronze? Or Gold?

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
I like both the bronze and gold with that paint color, is that desert sand? If I had to choose one I'd say gold is my favorite.

Yep, Desert Sand! Part of the reason I didn’t just jump on a color. Haven’t found many with painted wheels to reference!

I’m definitely leaning towards bronze or gold. I actually painted my FSJ’s wheels with the gold color, so not sure if I want to match wheels with it lol

Of those colors I'd say bronze. Grey is safe with anything. The gold is too close to the tan, but dissimilar enough it clashes. Same argument could be made of the bronze but I think they're dissimilar enough it works.

The top painted to match the bronze wheels would be dope and really tie it together imo

The bronze looks best to me. My canyons had some corrosion under the coating so I thought I would strip it off and polish them. That coating was a real bitch to remove! I ended up giving up on polishing and painted them with VHT wheel paint and gloss clear.

B8948D89-CC1D-432A-8650-D966D6CEA02B.jpeg

53225826-4407-4434-B5FD-87D22198E003.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch and Noslo65
The bronze looks best to me. My canyons had some corrosion under the coating so I thought I would strip it off and polish them. That coating was a real bitch to remove! I ended up giving up on polishing and painted them with VHT wheel paint and gloss clear.

View attachment 472117

View attachment 472118

good point when I painted mine a did a coat of clear as well and its been holding up rather well.

View attachment 472117

View attachment 472118

Those look awesome! My current wheels (Ecco’s) are painted with dupli-color Satin black wheel paint and Matte clear coat, and they’ve held up pretty decent.

I guess matching the body color isn't an option? :(

I’ve thought about it, and to me matching the body color doesn’t really suit it unless it’s a steel wheel or something that covers a lot of the area.

Spoked wheels just look kind of odd color matched.. most of the time.

Also, it’d cost more, lol. These rattle cans cost about 1/4 of what paint matched rattle cans would cost.

I’ve thought about it, and to me matching the body color doesn’t really suit it unless it’s a steel wheel or something that covers a lot of the area.

Spoked wheels just look kind of odd color matched.. most of the time.

I've always liked the CJs with color matched wheels.
The beauty ring was removable.

836a66781884d800d667544734615988.jpg

Reactions: GPK03X
yeah, I know the choice has already been made but I am just adding a vote for Bronze.