Color match them or buy some of these that came on some desert sand XJs.
p.s. I prefer the contrast of black wheels with that color. 😎

1699443708364.png

XJ 2 26 CLEAN1.jpg

Reactions: glowell222
Have a silver '04 TJ with the silver OEM Ravines. No clash, look good. The OP's TJ has matched fender flares, etc., so a darker color on his Ravine rims may look better. Great looking Jeep AWS !

View attachment 472338

View attachment 472339

Thanks man! You’ve got a sweet ride. I’ve looked at it a many times, when deciding on wheel/tire fitment + lift!

Reactions: Head Lice
Go old school and paint one white to see how that would look.

Lol I thought about it. I would’ve already done it, but I didn’t have any white spray paint for some reason. With as big of a pain as it’s been stripping the paint+clear off of these… idk about any more test sprays

Update #1:

After nearly a gallon of aircraft stripper, and multiple chemical burns, wheels are stripped and mostly ready for paint. Might do it tomorrow, but it’ll be a little cool (around 50°), so may wait til a warmer day. I definitely don’t want to have adhesion issues after all this work. Mostly just need to do some light sanding in some of the corners, before they’re ready for paint.

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0141.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
Update #1:

After nearly a gallon of aircraft stripper, and multiple chemical burns, wheels are stripped and mostly ready for paint. Might do it tomorrow, but it’ll be a little cool (around 50°), so may wait til a warmer day. I definitely don’t want to have adhesion issues after all this work. Mostly just need to do some light sanding in some of the corners, before they’re ready for paint.

View attachment 472621

View attachment 472622

View attachment 472623

View attachment 472624

View attachment 472625

Dayyum, that's a lot of work. Good on ya for tackling it! (y)

Reactions: AWayne
Heat to speed things up is a great idea but...

Marriage Pro tip #2 - If wife is sensitive to smells not a good idea. And it will have some smellage. I did this one time with something and the spousal reaction was unpleasant.

To the OP, these are going to look great on your TJ. (y)

PS: I wanted bronze wheels on the black Sahara, she wanted black. We compromised on charcoal.

Last edited:
Looks nice- pro tip. warm the oven up to 150 put the rack at the lowest position and bake for 15 mins to speed things up between coats.

Marriage Pro tip-best to not have the wife around for this.

If I tried this, I just know I’d fine some way to screw it up.. I have a feeling my wheel would look like a burnt grilled cheese if I sent it..

Damn you, now I’m hungry!

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Heat to speed things up is a great idea but...

Marriage Pro tip #2 - If wife is sensitive to smells not a good idea. And it will have some smellage. I did this one time with something and the spousal reaction was unpleasant.

To the OP, these are going to look great on your TJ. (y)

PS: I wanted bronze wheels on the black Sahara, she wanted black. We compromised on charcoal.

💯. I have a dehumidifier in my gun safe that needs to go in the oven a couple times a year, the wife is not a fan. It's gets done when she won't be around and then all evidence is destroyed with a simple lighting if the "vanilla bean Noel candle". She knows something is up though now when she walks in and smells it. I should've been smarter and just lit it at random times to throw her off my scent.

Update 3: sorry for the wait! Took a weekend vacation and stayed busy before and after for a bit. Finally got them on! Not sure how I feel about them yet. Maybe the day light will entice me more.

View attachment 477976

View attachment 477977

I think they'll grow on you. Looks classy, and really sets your ride apart from the rest. Well-done! (y)