Paramount Flat Fender Flares

Does it matter? If they are junk then they are junk. If nothing else, MrBlaine is honest with his opinions.
I get Mr Blaine and many, many others on here have forgotten more about TJs in the last two hours than I will likely ever know and I do respect that. But sometimes I get the impression that some answers here are driven by what is the absolute best answer / product. Rather than what might be best for the particular user's needs and budget.

I can understand that if somebody is going to be using their TJ for heavy duty rock crawling, banging into trees all day, etc. these will probably not last until lunchtime. But I didn't get the impression that was how the OP is planning to use his TJ. If the purpose of the flares is to provide for legally necessary tire coverage and to look good when on the street or very mild tracks then maybe for the money they are not the worst choice.

So I am no way suggesting any of the opinions voiced on the Paramount Flares are wrong, just that in this instance they may be OK for the OP's needs.

Reactions: Tob and Josh03
So I am no way suggesting any of the opinions voiced on the Paramount Flares are wrong, just that in this instance they may be OK for the OP's needs.
Everyone is entitled to build their rig however they like with whatever they want. If you happen to be one of those that enjoys slathering crap all over your rig because you can save a few pennies, knock yourself the fuck out.

Reactions: pc1p
Everyone is entitled to build their rig however they like with whatever they want. If you happen to be one of those that enjoys slathering crap all over your rig because you can save a few pennies, knock yourself the fuck out.
Or maybe if people don't have the funds to spend on the best of the best. I'm fortunate in that I am pretty comfortable financially, but that may not be the case for everyone.

Or maybe if people don't have the funds to spend on the best of the best. I'm fortunate in that I am pretty comfortable financially, but that may not be the case for everyone.
Well, in that case, here you go and it even comes with pre drilled holes.

1614270482251.png

With the OP, I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t need new flares at all, he just wants the look, so the best financial decision if they are fine is to do nothing.

If he wants flat fender look, cut the stock ones. Many have.

The bushwackers are often called bushcrackers - they aren't known to hold up very well. But if you're mostly going for a look or are willing to risk it, go for it. I'm thinking I'll do the MCEs myself. While they are a little more expensive, they have a good reputation and their warranty is solid (even sending some folks replacements when they blew off on the highway).

Reactions: Tob
Thank you all for the responses on here! I am new to owning a Jeep, and sadly there aren't many trails in SE Michigan. The jeep takes a long highway trip (40 miles) most days to work. The main reason for the flares is just aesthetics, though I am the sort of person who wants to buy a good thing once and not think about it again. Does anyone know the reason as to why there is no just metal fender flares? I'm assuming that the metal would be too heavy and would start to sag. I'm currently in the position of looking more into buying either Bushwacker or MetalCloak but still want to explore options for what I like the most.

Thank you all for the responses on here! I am new to owning a Jeep, and sadly there aren't many trails in SE Michigan. The jeep takes a long highway trip (40 miles) most days to work. The main reason for the flares is just aesthetics, though I am the sort of person who wants to buy a good thing once and not think about it again. Does anyone know the reason as to why there is no just metal fender flares? I'm assuming that the metal would be too heavy and would start to sag. I'm currently in the position of looking more into buying either Bushwacker or MetalCloak but still want to explore options for what I like the most.
Aren't these metal flares, as in not actual replacement fenders?

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12502_6X10_PG.htm

You can try Rugged Ridge Hurricane Fender Flares. They are pretty wide. Not a great brand, honestly. But, they've lasted years in the CA sun. I've refinished them twice but the last time I used a trim paint that worked pretty well to keep them from fading. Being plastic, they are a bit annoying when working in the Jeep engine bay. You always feel like you're going to lean too hard on them. But, I've had 100lb kids standing on the rear fender flares without issue. Just a suggestion. They're mostly flat.

20201230_154342.jpg

Reactions: GenericDisplayName
You can try Rugged Ridge Hurricane Fender Flares. They are pretty wide. Not a great brand, honestly. But, they've lasted years in the CA sun. I've refinished them twice but the last time I used a trim paint that worked pretty well to keep them from fading. Being plastic, they are a bit annoying when working in the Jeep engine bay. You always feel like you're going to lean too hard on them. But, I've had 100lb kids standing on the rear fender flares without issue. Just a suggestion. They're mostly flat.

View attachment 229098
Thank you for the reply! The only thing I really don't like about the Rugged Ridge Hurricane Fender Flares is the divots it has for the bolts. Also beautiful picture with a beautiful jeep!!

Reactions: ejay
Thank you for the reply! The only thing I really don't like about the Rugged Ridge Hurricane Fender Flares is the divots it has for the bolts. Also beautiful picture with a beautiful jeep!!
Those are fake, BTW. They aren't the mounting points to the body. All for looks. Lame, I agree. Thanks for the compliment.

View attachment 229098
For when you absolutely positively do not give a crap what anyone else thinks about how a rig looks.

For when you absolutely positively do not give a crap what anyone else thinks about how a rig looks.
I absolutely think those are the worst looking flare on the planet. It drops $5k off the value of the rig in my mind, because I'm like, what other crap did they do to it?

The bushwackers are often called bushcrackers - they aren't known to hold up very well.

Not sure where you're getting that information but I've had Bushwackers on my Jeep for at least 5 years, my Jeep is always parked outside in the California sun and they've held up great. I've done a couple of trips on the Rubicon Trail, rubbed up against a few rocks and trees over the years, and they didn't get any cracks. Ultimately I think I want to replace them with aftermarket steel fenders but those are more of a "solution looking for a problem" in my case because I'm not having any clearance issues with my current setup. Besides, I have a few other priorities for my Jeep, like new PRP seats and replacing the lunchbox front locker with an ARB.