Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
My blood has thinned out so, so much since moving to Arizona. I get cold when it's 60 out :LOL:

I don't even put a sweatshirt on until it's 45-50*. You are turning into a real powder puff of a guy...

I know, but if I'm making that drive I better make it worth my while (i.e. have other things planned) ;)

Maybe get the shock outboard done at the same time. Bring a tent cause you'll have to sleep outside.

I don't even put a sweatshirt on until it's 45-50*. You are turning into a real powder puff of a guy...

Maybe get the shock outboard done at the same time. Bring a tent cause you'll have to sleep outside.

Talk to @Zorba. He'll tell you that Floridians freak out when it gets into the 60s, trust me.

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but Blaine is backlogged with projects for months at least, so I'd have to schedule said trip for quite a ways in the future.

Reactions: Wildman
Talk to @Zorba. He'll tell you that Floridians freak out when it gets into the 60s, trust me.

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but Blaine is backlogged with projects for months at least, so I'd have to schedule said trip for quite a ways in the future.

Yep my son lives in Florida and has gotten very use to the weather. I always find it amazing at how we can get use to a climate.
I use to run around in a long john shirt when it was 10* above zero after going thru a winter where it was -30-40* below zero. But I still got to flip you crap about it. But I'm a wuss too and it's why I don't have a buggy. I want to stay warm when I'm wheeling in the PNW weather.

Don't talk him out of it. I need the photos of the butt crack elimator for mine so I can make a botched attempt.

Have you looked at JJVW's thread where he does it? Not a great sequence of photos but you get a good idea of how it is done.

(1) The Hidden Body Lift | Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum

I'm going to attempt this soon also and I'm sure I'll bugger it up and it'll be FUBAR and then I'll have to listen to Blaine tell me what a gobber I am. :):LOL::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
The main difference is that @Chris has a rear antirock and @jjvw doesn't.

I haven't even unboxed my rear anti-rock yet so I really have no idea where it will sit or how it's gunna work. Is your suggestion that I do the raised body mounts first and then the RAR (rear anti-rock)?

The main difference is that @Chris has a rear antirock and @jjvw doesn't.
It seems to me that moving the rear of the frame up would be a lot of work for minimal gains. Maybe I am wrong, but at that point aren’t you just chasing marginal gains at best?

It seems to me that moving the rear of the frame up would be a lot of work for minimal gains. Maybe I am wrong, but at that point aren’t you just chasing marginal gains at best?

I think for some it is the visual more than anything. But the answer to your question is how many times do you drag your rear bumper off an obstacle? If you are then it might be worth you doing it. If you aren't and the visual doesn't bother you then leave it alone.

I think for some it is the visual more than anything. But the answer to your question is how many times do you drag your rear bumper off an obstacle? If you are then it might be worth you doing it. If you aren't and the visual doesn't bother you then leave it alone.

That's my thought honestly. I don't care about the crack, and as far as dragging the rear bumper goes, I could care less. That being said, I think it's a nifty little trick, but I feel that the gains would be marginal at best, and probably not worth the time and effort that would go into it.

Of course I could be wrong entirely, this is just me thinking out loud.

Well I've already cut my frame in half ONCE so doing it again ain't a BIG deal plus I have to shorten my frame in the rear 5" so I have to cut it anyhow so I might as well do this at the same time.

But for someone who isn't where I am yes I agree. As long as the butt crack doesn't bother you then why bother.

Reactions: Alex01
That's my thought honestly. I don't care about the crack, and as far as dragging the rear bumper goes, I could care less. That being said, I think it's a nifty little trick, but I feel that the gains would be marginal at best, and probably not worth the time and effort that would go into it.

Of course I could be wrong entirely, this is just me thinking out loud.
I landed pretty hard on the tank last trip out coming down a slippery ledge. Hard enough it probably adjusted my spine some haha. A little stretch could solve this and the crack.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.