Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen plenty of them too. My only point in saying it was just because someone spends a fuck ton of money doesn’t necessarily make their rig perform well. Chris‘ rig is well balanced and climbs extremely well and has gone over obstacles with ease that far more expensive built rigs struggled with.

I think what I meant to say was that there are some guys who trailer their rigs there and don't give two shits if they break something because they don't have to drive it home.

I have to drive it home, so I'm maybe a little more reserved and cautious with my driving as I don't want to ruin my entire day :LOL:

It's a blast to wheel though!

• Haha
Reactions: ToddK
Damn you really are USING that Jeep. This is a good thing and as you do your mods to it you'll have to let us know how you like having the hyd assist & then the outboard shocks. I'm curious to see how you like all of these mods.

Can't wait to redo the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with me parking my RV out in front of your house and dumping my holding tanks in your gutters. :p🤪🤪

Damn you really are USING that Jeep. This is a good thing and as you do your mods to it you'll have to let us know how you like having the hyd assist & then the outboard shocks. I'm curious to see how you like all of these mods.

Can't wait to redo the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with me parking my RV out in front of your house and dumping my holding tanks in your gutters. :p🤪🤪
1607391546746.gif

I'm going to work on getting the hydro-assist installed this week, so hopefully I'll have some feedback on that soon. Really looking forward to it the most as turning the wheels in the rocks with 8 psi is next to impossible.

You only live once, right? Figure I may as well use the hell out of this thing.

I'd also add that the wheeling down here is far different than Oregon, and that's part of what's made me want to get out more and wheel. In Oregon it was always gloomy, rainy, wet, and cold. Here it's always sunny, warm, and blue skies. I like the dry desert weather and the no mud factor. It actually makes me want to go out and wheel every weekend.

It also doesn't help that I got bitten by the rock crawling bug either!

I'm sure my neighbors will love your RV :LOL:

I'm going to work on getting the hydro-assist installed this week, so hopefully I'll have some feedback on that soon. Really looking forward to it the most as turning the wheels in the rocks with 8 psi is next to impossible.

You only live once, right? Figure I may as well use the hell out of this thing.

I'd also add that the wheeling down here is far different than Oregon, and that's part of what's made me want to get out more and wheel. In Oregon it was always gloomy, rainy, wet, and cold. Here it's always sunny, warm, and blue skies. I like the dry desert weather and the no mud factor. It actually makes me want to go out and wheel every weekend.

It also doesn't help that I got bitten by the rock crawling bug either!

I'm sure my neighbors will love your RV :LOL:

I've never wheeled in AZ but I've done some terrain I would like is similar so I have a idea what it's like so I understand. Rock crawling is a BLAST and yes once you have the bug that's it.
I do like wheeling in WA & OR but as been discussed it's one reason I'd never own a buggy up here as I don't want to freeze my ass off while wheeling & I don't want to be dressed like I was going snowmobiling.

Well since you keep telling everyone how cheap homes are I need a place that has a shop and no HOA. At least I'm not from CA.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
I've never wheeled in AZ but I've done some terrain I would like is similar so I have a idea what it's like so I understand. Rock crawling is a BLAST and yes once you have the bug that's it.
I do like wheeling in WA & OR but as been discussed it's one reason I'd never own a buggy up here as I don't want to freeze my ass off while wheeling & I don't want to be dressed like I was going snowmobiling.

Well since you keep telling everyone how cheap homes are I need a place that has a shop and no HOA. At least I'm not from CA.

A mile down the road from us are homes with no HOA, RV garages, and around an acre of land each. We're pretty far out, about 40 minutes or so from a major city. Fortunately there is a Safeway 2 miles away (seemingly in the middle of nowhere) and a tiny (very tiny) Walmart about 8 miles away.

So getting food isn't an issue, but if you wanted to go eat at a known restaurant, you'd have to drive 40-45 minutes. But like I said, you drive 5 miles and you're at OHV trails and state land for as far as the eye can see. Lots of off-roading, shooting, etc.

I'm glad I have heat and A/C. The summers are hot, and the temps drop fast in the desert out here in the winter. We were out past dark the other day when we were wheeling, and with no top and doors, it was cold! Fortunately I blasted the heat and it made me warm enough to get home.

It actually took a change of states and climate to be honest. I loathe Oregon, just loathe it.

I think if you'd come over to central WA during the summer and wheeled you might have liked it some. I find that wheeling on the slick rocks & tree roots and stuff to be a challenge. It's a totally different style of wheeling when it's wet compared to when it's dry. But I get it and I'm happy for you that you're enjoying it down there and very glad you kept that Jeep and are enjoying it.

It actually took a change of states and climate to be honest. I loathe Oregon, just loathe it.
Chris, we need to talk. If your Keep telling everyone how great this state is, all of the Californians will move here... And bring an thier thier california bullshit with them. Then this will be just like california too.
Repeat after me...
Arizona is a desolate wasteland, it's horrible and ugly. There's nothing good here. Move along.

Chris, we need to talk. If your Keep telling everyone how great this state is, all of the Californians will move here... And bring an thier thier california bullshit with them. Then this will be just like california too.
Repeat after me...
Arizona is a desolate wasteland, it's horrible and ugly. There's nothing good here. Move along.
The good thing is I think most people on this forum are like minded. I do agree with you though. I need one of those bumper stickers that says, “Don’t California my Arizona!”

The worst thing that could happen is Arizona turns into an extension of California.

The good thing is I think most people on this forum are like minded. I do agree with you though. I need one of those bumper stickers that says, “Don’t California my Arizona!”

The worst thing that could happen is Arizona turns into an extension of California.

Not everyone on here.... But I do believe that most are not the type to totally "F" up a state.

Repeat after me...
Don't worry, I would never move to that infernal dried up dusty husk of a state...before I retired.

I think if you'd come over to central WA during the summer and wheeled you might have liked it some. I find that wheeling on the slick rocks & tree roots and stuff to be a challenge. It's a totally different style of wheeling when it's wet compared to when it's dry. But I get it and I'm happy for you that you're enjoying it down there and very glad you kept that Jeep and are enjoying it.
Shoot it even rained on me at Naches in june! I swear the water just follows me no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman

Folks are likely just as concerned with being Oregoned! Portland has given the whole state a smell of rot.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman and zebra12
Status
Not open for further replies.