A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold it to @Alex01. I'm just going to run the stock front bumper as I'm going for the stock look. I also like the factory fog lights, but for some reason they never look right on any other bumper than the stock bumper (in my opinion at least).
Stock look works dude! Glad to see you doing a build just for you without any undo pressure. (Even if it's self inflicted)😆

You can tone down the milk jugs and still look stock. These were on my LJ when bought it. Much like the BedRug wasn’t until later I realized they were not original.

111A29D4-7171-4D3E-9284-D8FE3ED01DFE.jpeg

The 1" coil spring spacers (1.75" in the front) are a suggestion from Blaine. He suggested doing it this way as oppose to 1" H&R springs due to the fact that the factory springs are the only factory progressive rate (not progressive wound) springs available for the TJ.

What is the difference between progressive rate and progressive wound?

Looks great! What winch mount is that?

Rough Country. Just needed something basic that would get the job done.

In hindsight, I didn't realize UCF made an all aluminum winch mounting plate, which I'll probably eventually replace this one with just for weight savings.

Reactions: DrDmoney
What is the difference between progressive rate and progressive wound?

Yep, what @DrDmoney said. And the only progressive rate spring that exists for the TJ are the factory springs. It would be too cost prohibitive to make progressive rate springs for the aftermarket. I think Blaine was saying they've have to sell them for something like $500 per spring in order to make a profit off them, due to how much is involved to actually make them.

Reactions: zebra12
Rough Country. Just needed something basic that would get the job done.

In hindsight, I didn't realize UCF made an all aluminum winch mounting plate, which I'll probably eventually replace this one with just for weight savings.
I'm not familiar with their product line. Is that a basic flat plate, or raised one?

I sold it to @Alex01. I'm just going to run the stock front bumper as I'm going for the stock look. I also like the factory fog lights, but for some reason they never look right on any other bumper than the stock bumper (in my opinion at least).
are those factory fog lights or factory style? i also want to keep my stock front bumper, i have stock fogs but i have vision x headlights and it looks silly together, ive been looking for something to swap to that matches.

are those factory fog lights or factory style? i also want to keep my stock front bumper, i have stock fogs but i have vision x headlights and it looks silly together, ive been looking for something to swap to that matches.

They are indeed factory fog lights. I have yet to find anything aftermarket that looks good for stock fog light replacements.

Reactions: FJQue
They are indeed factory fog lights. I have yet to find anything aftermarket that looks good for stock fog light replacements.
It's too bad they are so absolutely worthless. I too am going for a stockish look in my 05 sport, with only high quality modifications that improve over the oem. I tried a couple led conversions for the stock fog lights, but they were all too deep for the shallow housing. My next plan is just to install a wiring harness with relay directly to the battery so I can run higher amp bulbs. I'll wire the multifunction switch to the input of the relay so it'll operate
like factory.

It's too bad they are so absolutely worthless. I too am going for a stockish look in my 05 sport, with only high quality modifications that improve over the oem. I tried a couple led conversions for the stock fog lights, but they were all too deep for the shallow housing. My next plan is just to install a wiring harness with relay directly to the battery so I can run higher amp bulbs. I'll wire the multifunction switch to the input of the relay so it'll operate
like factory.
I agree, which is why I have made up for them with exceptionally good headlights. The fog lights at this point are purely decorative in my mind. But they do add to the look for some reason.

I agree, which is why I have made up for them with exceptionally good headlights. The fog lights at this point are purely decorative in my mind. But they do add to the look for some reason.

I don't have factory fogs anymore, but I've been considering some KC Apollo Pro Halogen fogs, since we do get fog here. Halogen so I have fog lights as a backup if my LED headlights ice over.

Reactions: Chris
I don't have factory fogs anymore, but I've been considering some KC Apollo Pro Halogen fogs, since we do get fog here. Halogen so I have fog lights as a backup if my LED headlights ice over.
I'll have to check those out (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.