Piss & Moan Table

Working on a vehicle where there is a coat of ATF mixed with sand and dirt on everything nearby. I have to assume that the PO had a catastrophic trans failure before I bought it. After the repair, they never washed it off and drove it on dirt & gravel roads in the heat which baked it on good.

I've spent hours removing this black boogery mess. I've tried simple green and citrus degreaser with wire brushes and assorted picks and small blades. Lots of curved surfaces, so it's never a matter of simply using a blade to scrape it off in nice sheets.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
Working on a vehicle where there is a coat of ATF mixed with sand and dirt on everything nearby. I have to assume that the PO had a catastrophic trans failure before I bought it. After the repair, they never washed it off and drove it on dirt & gravel roads in the heat which baked it on good.

I've spent hours removing this black boogery mess. I've tried simple green and citrus degreaser with wire brushes and assorted picks and small blades. Lots of curved surfaces, so it's never a matter of simply using a blade to scrape it off in nice sheets.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a vehicle lift and a hotsy!!

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Wouldn't it be nice to have a vehicle lift and a hotsy!!
For sure! Once it warms up, I've thought about spraying on some engine degreaser and then going to a pressure wash (better over their drain than mine!). But without it on a lift, it wouldn't be easy.

ordered a unusual size snap on bluepoint 1/4 drive 5/8 shallow socket to complete my sets.

heard the UPS truck come down the street and park, turned on my porch lights which also illuminate the address on the front of the garage facing the street.

well UPS just left after sitting in the road for 10 minutes and my tracking number now states it was delivered. and I can confirm it is not here. 🤦‍♂️ hopefully whoever he delivered it to drops it on my porch tomorrow.

ordered a unusual size snap on bluepoint 1/4 drive 5/8 shallow socket to complete my sets.

heard the UPS truck come down the street and park, turned on my porch lights which also illuminate the address on the front of the garage facing the street.

well UPS just left after sitting in the road for 10 minutes and my tracking number now states it was delivered. and I can confirm it is not here. 🤦‍♂️ hopefully whoever he delivered it to drops it on my porch tomorrow.
Do you have the phone # of the local distribution hub your driver loads out of?

Sometimes a call to the drivers direct superior does a LOT more than calling UPS's general line.

Reactions: Apparition
Do you have the phone # of the local distribution hub your driver loads out of?

Sometimes a call to the drivers direct superior does a LOT more than calling UPS's general line.
the hub is closed until Monday. if I dont see it arrive on my porch over the weekend ill give that a shot first. thanks for the tip.

its just a $6 socket so its nothing major lost if I dont get it. I had placed a order for 2 sockets and snap-on thought it was more convenient to ship each socket individually. got the deep well 5/8 yesterday from UPS but second package scheduled for todays delivery didnt arrive. I could go checking porches but im not gonna go do that in the dark. recently moved in and know none of my neighbors.

Well, turns out I got some decent neighbors 👍 tried the duplex to the west of me where UPS had parked in front of last night, tried the left side residence first.
Lady was polite and said she tried knocking on my door a little bit ago and ended put it in my mailbox. I had just gotten back from the tire shop a few minutes prior.

🖕UPS
E7C498B5-15DD-4AC8-9DC6-487C12FD5E77.jpeg

A few weeks ago I was expecting a package. Fed(up)Ex was the carrier. The driver pulled in my drive and sat there for a couple of minutes. (I am retired and heard him pull in.) Then he started backing out of the drive, I waved at him in a motion that asked, "WTF?" And he stopped and opened his window and said, "I must have left it on the dock, I had too much to fit in my truck." So I said, "Then why are you in my driveway?" He answered that his GPS sent him here and left.
So, I watched Fed Ex's website and it was "loaded" on his truck for the next 5 business days, and never got here. On the 6th business day, another driver in a different truck brought my package......

Years back, dads first insulin pump was due to arrive on a specific day. He took the day off work waiting For his critical delivery. If you know how diabetic supplies work, insurance only covers exactly what you “need” for each prescription & test strips to the day.
Anyhow, the delivery was refrigerated for the insulin inside the package and I’m sure labeled as medical in some way.
Driveway is about 300’ long and dirt (springtime). UPS turned into the driveway and parked for about 5 minutes, dad starts walking down the driveway to him and the driver just leaves.
UPS office is closed at this point in the day.
Following day after talking to them on the phone in the morning, and taking another day off work to wait.. turned out the driver chickened out pulling up the driveway because he was fearful he might get stuck in the “mud” and written up.
Evidently the driver had gotten written up for getting stuck elsewhere earlier on in the week and didn’t want to take another chance. This time the driver had parked in the road and walked the delivery up to the house.

Eventually after retiring he knows all the drivers fairly well now but for a few years packages were just getting left in plastic bags at the bottom of the driveway.

• Sad
"Credit Scores". What an f'n joke that whole system is. It's definitely designed to keep a person thinking that having debt and making regular payments is the desired way to live, all so you can have a higher credit score. :rolleyes:

So, when the company I work for got bought out, they changed the vacation policy. They decided that the best way to start over was to cash everyone out, and start the new system. Okay. This ol' man happened to have 250 hours of accrued vacation time, because, you know...I'd much rather be at work than having any time to be out in the garage. ;) Anyways, when I received that money tacked onto my paycheck, I knew what I needed to do. I headed straight to the bank and paid off a (just under) $10,000 loan. Yes! Felt so good to be able to do that! How responsible, right?

Today I get an "alert" that my credit score had adjusted, so I looked into it. Yeah, it adjusted, alright. It dropped 51 points, from 830 to 779! :ROFLMAO: Assholes! To get my score back up there, I think I'll take out an even larger loan, and buy @Chris' Camaro when he tires of it a year from now! :sneaky:

(Just kidding, brother!)

Last edited:
"Credit Scores". What an f'n joke that whole system is. It's definitely designed to keep a person thinking that having debt and making regular payments is the desired way to live, all so you can have a higher credit score. :rolleyes:

So, when the company I work for got bought out, they changed the vacation policy. They decided that the best way to start over was to cash everyone out, and start the new system. Okay. This ol' man happened to have 250 hours of accrued vacation time, because, you know...I'd much rather be at work than having any time to be out in the garage. ;) Anyways, when I received that money tacked onto my paycheck, I knew what I needed to do. I headed straight to the bank and paid off (just under) $10,000 loan. Yes! Felt so good to be able to do that! How responsible, right?

Today I get an "alert" that my credit score had adjusted, so I looked into it. Yeah, it adjusted, alright. It dropped 51 points, from 830 to 779! :ROFLMAO: Assholes! To get my score back up there, I think I'll take out an even larger loan, and buy @Chris' Camaro when he tires of it a year from now! :sneaky:

(Just kidding, brother!)
That’s funny, you think he’ll keep it a year

1648597944119.gif

So, when the company I work for got bought out, they changed the vacation policy. They decided that the best way to start over was to cash everyone out, and start the new system. Okay. This ol' man happened to have 250 hours of accrued vacation time, because, you know...I'd much rather be at work than having any time to be out in the garage. ;) Anyways, when I received that money tacked onto my paycheck, I knew what I needed to do. I headed straight to the bank and paid off (just under) $10,000 loan. Yes! Felt so good to be able to do that! How responsible, right?

(Just kidding, brother!)
Even my son @23 y/o mentioned the other day what a scam credit scores are. Get an installment loan and "establish credit". Then you pay it off early and your rating goes down. I've got a couple credit cards I want to get rid of...wife says keep them otherwise your crdit score will drop as you have less available credit.

Oh and my accountant f'ed up on my income tax return several years ago by not reporting to Indiana the portion paid to Illinois. Indiana was supposed to give 60 days to submit the proof, but instead decided to immediately put a tax lien on my farm and house....credit score dropped from 820ish down to 670! Took 6 months to recover.

Even my son @23 y/o mentioned the other day what a scam credit scores are. Get an installment loan and "establish credit". Then you pay it off early and your rating goes down. I've got a couple credit cards I want to get rid of...wife says keep them otherwise your crdit score will drop as you have less available credit.

Oh and my accountant f'ed up on my income tax return several years ago by not reporting to Indiana the portion paid to Illinois. Indiana was supposed to give 60 days to submit the proof, but instead decided to immediately put a tax lien on my farm and house....credit score dropped from 820ish down to 670! Took 6 months to recover.
I really couldn't give a rip about my credit score (though it was kind of fun to see how high I could get it). I have no intention of buying anything on credit. If things go as planned, the house will be paid-off in 13 to 14 months, then a couple years of socking away money, and then that's it. Sell the house, and get the hell out of Dodge. That may be an overly simplistic and/or naive way to look at it, but so be it. I "need" a high credit score like @Zorba needs a smart phone. ;)

I really couldn't give a rip about my credit score (though it was kind of fun to see how high I could get it). I have no intention of buying anything on credit. If things go as planned, the house will be paid-off in 13 to 14 months, then a couple years of socking away money, and then that's it. Sell the house, and get the hell out of Dodge. That may be an overly simplistic and/or naive way to look at it, but so be it. I "need" a high credit score like @Zorba needs a smart phone. ;)
Yea - and Zorba needs a smartphone like a fish needs a bicycle. But I hear you - we're paid off here as well, don't care much about credit scores either.

Its gonna be interesting later today. I'm going down to the Lazy boy store to possibly purchase a recliner. DAMN but those things are expensive now! $1,600! Between getting the old MBZ fixed and finishing up the house addition, I'm pissing money out right now like nobody's business. Since Lazy boy has 1 year same as cash financing, I figured "why not?" It will be interesting to see if they give it to me or not as we haven't had a loan of any kind in years. Credit score has hovered around 750 for years, whatever that means.

Its gonna be interesting later today. I'm going down to the Lazy boy store to possibly purchase a recliner. DAMN but those things are expensive now! $1,600! Between getting the old MBZ fixed and finishing up the house addition, I'm pissing money out right now like nobody's business. Since Lazy boy has 1 year same as cash financing, I figured "why not?" It will be interesting to see if they give it to me or not as we haven't had a loan of any kind in years. Credit score has hovered around 750 for years, whatever that means.
1997 I bought a new field cultivator. I was broke as usual. They had 6 months interest free thru a bank in Nebraska. I sent them a cashiers check weeks prior to the interest free expiration. They claimed they never got the check and wanted me to pay interest back to day one, we ended up negotiating a small "penalty" fee but I vowed to never do it again.