Piss & Moan Table

about 6 years ago one of our toilets suddenly started not really flushing that well. It would flush, and liquids went down fine, but once you put any kind of solid or even toilet paper in it, it would slow waaay down as to be useless until I plunged it to death, at which point it would be ok for liquids again but the next time somebody went #2 it would have to be plunged again.

I snaked it from up top, and then backward from the cleanout in the basement, and couldn't get anything. It was a hall bathroom and we only had one kid at the time, who was still in diapers, and rarely any guests so I let it go on longer than I would have if it happened today, but finally I'd had enough and ended up pulling the toilet off the floor to find some ring shaped plastic toy, can't remember exactly what other than that my kid had been playing with it and apparently had flushed it. It was sized just large enough to wedge in above the wax ring and not go down, and depending on how it was oriented would either mostly block the passage, or block just enough of the passage as to let the snake right by and only be a problem for solids.

I flushed a potato when I was a toddler.. remember my dad was really pissed.

of the many toilets I pulled at the apts, I can remember a tv remote, debit card, plastic ball pit ball, masquera makeup container, pill bottle, cologne bottle.

best suggestion I had for people was to keep the lid closed when not in use and dont set anything on the tank lid or put a cabinet above the toilet.

I remember at one time my coworker had a plumber come out for a clogged kitchen sink drain at the end of the day. unit on the other side of the wall shared the same stack for the kitchen sink too. I was on call that night but the original call was a day call and wasn't issued to me.
anyhow plumber came out disassembled the trap and ran his electric snake through claimed he snagged something then ran the water for several minutes & said it was good.

later that night I got the call from the attached unit that they had a ton of water on the floor and the pipe off their kitchen garbage disposal exploded when they weren't home.

turned out the plumbers snake didnt go down the stack, it went through into the other unit and destroyed the trap and he then flooded the kitchen.
I wasn't a happy camper that night because I had to show up to clean the mess, contact the plumber and repair the trap.

Last edited:
Bought a pricey portable scanner radio a few months ago to listen to my local police radio chatter and have been having a good time listening to it.
sunday police and Ems were dispatched for a 62yr old male with a phone charger cord stuck in his urethra.

annnnndddd they just went in lockdown mode with the police dispatch frequency yesterday. cant hear anything anymore 😥

was a fun ride when it lasted. guess im gonna have to try and unload it on eBay for about $500-600 now for someone who lives in a unencrypted area, damn things go new for $600-700.

I can listen to Ems and fire still.. but that wasn't as interesting as listening to the city and county police dispatcher. Ems and fire 99% of the calls are just trouble breathing and mostly just lift assist calls for fallen seniors.

Bought a pricey portable scanner radio a few months ago to listen to my local police radio chatter and have been having a good time listening to it.
sunday police and Ems were dispatched for a 62yr old male with a phone charger cord stuck in his urethra.

annnnndddd they just went in lockdown mode with the police dispatch frequency yesterday. cant hear anything anymore 😥

was a fun ride when it lasted. guess im gonna have to try and unload it on eBay for about $500-600 now for someone who lives in a unencrypted area, damn things go new for $600-700.

I can listen to Ems and fire still.. but that wasn't as interesting as listening to the city and county police dispatcher. Ems and fire 99% of the calls are just trouble breathing and mostly just lift assist calls for fallen seniors.

Well that sucks! I've been looking at used Uniden SDS 100s myself lately, but I don't even know if the local frequencies are encrypted around here. There are a few radio geeks here, so maybe list yours here before paying eBay a commission?

Well that sucks! I've been looking at used Uniden SDS 100s myself lately, but I don't even know if the local frequencies are encrypted around here. There are a few radio geeks here, so maybe list yours here before paying eBay a commission?

Thats what I have & Not too worried about a eBay commission, biggest concern would be ebays buyer protection people use to scam high dollar items from the seller. had it happen on a low dollar item before.

look at radioreference, they have a pretty good current database of if your area is encrypted or not which I believe is updated every Monday. I cant help much to distinguish what is and isnt but after quite a bit of research on there I determined what I wanted to listen to wasn't at the time of purchase.

I'll list it on here within the next few days for an excellent price to get it gone quick, if theres anyone that has interest of course.. it's a bit of a niche market.
IMG_5465.jpeg

Last edited:
Everytime we decide to watch something the TV Ad for Anybody but You comes on.

I told the wife how many times are they going to redo the same tired story? Two idiots go to their Ex's wedding alone so they decide to pretend they are a happy couple.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I despise the car ads that show a vehicle being driven in a normal fashion on a public road, but has in small print the damn disclaimer "Closed course. Do not attempt." Really? Do not attempt to drive your Kia on a paved road? WTF? Drives me nuts to see all the damn disclaimers on television ads these days. The ones surrounding medications are laughable (the side affects are worse than the damn affliction), but the damn car ads are just f'n stupid. Drive through a puddle of water, and there's a "Do not attempt" tag there.
Idiots.

Everytime we decide to watch something the TV Ad for Anybody but You comes on.

I told the wife how many times are they going to redo the same tired story? Two idiots go to their Ex's wedding alone so they decide to pretend they are a happy couple.

There is no interest in creating an original story anymore. They have a few formulas that they believe to be money-makers, and then they milk them until they don't make money anymore. Even the superhero genre that 4 years ago was practically guaranteed to make a billion dollars, have been losing 9 figures per movie all of 2023.

Reactions: reddvltj
Left lane campers.

To head west out of my neighborhood I have to cross two lanes of oncoming traffic, and merge with the two onflowing lanes. Most of the time I can't leave right away because in the onflowing lanes there is typically a left lane camper preventing me from being able to merge. What really gets me is this individual will be the only one on the road:rolleyes:

Reactions: Apparition
Left lane campers.

To head west out of my neighborhood I have to cross two lanes of oncoming traffic, and merge with the two onflowing lanes. Most of the time I can't leave right away because in the onflowing lanes there is typically a left lane camper preventing me from being able to merge. What really gets me is this individual will be the only one on the road:rolleyes:

That's probably my mother in law. She's in the fast lane doing 65mph because 'THAT'S THE SPEED LIMIT! You're not supposed to go 70 - 75 just because everyone else is doing it.'

If you break the law they might throw you in jail right? There will be a steady flow of people passing on the right and then cut her off. What's their problem?

• Face Palm
Reactions: tworley
I despise the car ads that show a vehicle being driven in a normal fashion on a public road, but has in small print the damn disclaimer "Closed course. Do not attempt." Really? Do not attempt to drive your Kia on a paved road? WTF? Drives me nuts to see all the damn disclaimers on television ads these days. The ones surrounding medications are laughable (the side affects are worse than the damn affliction), but the damn car ads are just f'n stupid. Drive through a puddle of water, and there's a "Do not attempt" tag there.
Idiots.

They usually show a typical family car drifting in dirt off road too. Cmon man! That car is not going to be doing that.

Drove my wifes Expedition today. Was pissed because it looks like someone pried open the fuel door. Sent a txt to my wife, said she did that by bumping into it when it was left open.

So my revised gripe is my wife bent her fuel door... :rolleyes:

PXL_20231219_152559476.jpg

PXL_20231219_152134618.jpg

the damn car ads are just f'n stupid. Drive through a puddle of water, and there's a "Do not attempt" tag there.
Idiots.
Unfortunately people are dumb enough to need those warnings.i go to enough accidents where some fool rolls their car on a flat,straight section of highway. I always ask myself "how the hell did they do that!?!" I can't think of the maneuvers it would take to do some of the things i see 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately people are dumb enough to need those warnings.i go to enough accidents where some fool rolls their car on a flat,straight section of highway. I always ask myself "how the hell did they do that!?!" I can't think of the maneuvers it would take to do some of the things i see 🤷‍♂️

I used to be an EMT in the 90's. Used to joke with my partner and say, Let's play WTF are these idiots going to do today!

One memory that stands out is a lady crashed her minivan into a house. We were surprised she was sober and this was before smart phones were a thing.

I used to be an EMT in the 90's. Used to joke with my partner and say, Let's play WTF are these idiots going to do today!

One memory that stands out is a lady crashed her minivan into a house. We were surprised she was sober and this was before smart phones were a thing.

It would appear to me that a large number of the people out there driving these days shouldn't be.

Come home after work to a failed water heater & lightly flooded basement yesterday. luckily I only lost 2 empty cardboard boxes intended to ship whatever I may need to ship & had to do 1 load of laundry which was cleaned the night before in a basket in a water puddle. really dont store anything in the basement other than jeep stuff on a metal storage rack.
IMG_5551.jpeg

IMG_5554.jpeg

called the landlord (y) . if your wondering about where's the bottom half of the drywall... I guess it flooded at some point before I moved in & the ~35 acre parcel the house is on is available for high density housing development so theres no major desire to repair the basement walls as its technically slated for demo if the price is right :ROFLMAO:. overall the rest of the house is in pretty decent shape.

luckily the landlord and I are pretty cool w each other, I scratch his back & he scratches mine., we've negotiated rent for prior repairs in the past. met him at his house and picked up a replacement after I cleaned up, kicked on the dehumidifier and removed the old water heater.

unfortunately his heater was too tall for the flue pipe in the wall after I drug it down the steps to the basement.
IMG_5556.jpeg

ended up running over to the local Lowes and picked up a short 40 gallon and got it installed just in time for bed 🤦‍♂️. at this point I basically have free rent for the month for my ~$500 cost of a water heater & install. just got to haul the tall water heater back up out of the basement and tape it back up in the box & return it to him.

im just glad this thing wasn't on the second floor.. townhome rental property I worked for years back had them on the second floor and when those failed you usually had to go in and cut out most of the first floor ceiling drywall & yank all the carpet and pad along with moving all the occupants belongings. last one I dealt with the resident was a hoarder... so there was literally alot of shit such as piles of old newspapers and empty boxes along the pathways throughout the unit.

That sucks but free rent is a silver lining! If you ever repair those walls the pro tip is to keep the drywall up off the floor plate by 3/4” or so and cover the gap with moulding. That way if it floods again the drywall can’t act like the sponge it wants to be; you just need new moulding. 👍

Reactions: reddvltj
I did my good deed of the year today, I didn't think I was going to do one this year.

I came out of the car wash, next to the vacuums I see a brand new battery jumper it still had zip ties on the battery clamps.

I pull up to a worker detailing a car, I tell him someone must have took it out to vacuum then forgot it. I didn't want someone walking off with it. He grabbed it and took it into the office.

I don't know if the owner will get it back but if I was going to steal, it would be something worth a whole lot more than a 100 dollars.

I live in the land of the old, some of the people I see shouldn't be driving a grocery cart. I swear in one year I've had more close calls than I've had my whole life.

Walking down a damn grocery aisle, you can tell who shouldn't be out on the road by the way they "drive" their grocery carts. Stopping in the middle of the aisle and blocking it, cutting corners and knocking things over, and bumping into people. Yup. They're the same way on the road. Maybe they should be ticketed right there in the store...:unsure: