Piss & Moan Table

Amazon cannot seem to understand how to deliver to a business. I've had this entered into the delivery instructions on Amazon for years because I take many deliveries at my office:

1703780864913.png

I've clearly indicated that we are only here to accept deliveries from 8am to 5pm. For most deliveries, they do just fine, but occasionally, there is an anomaly and an attempt is made to deliver after hours.

Our building is a three story building. There's an unoccupied retail space on the first floor off the lobby, our business occupies the entire second floor, and there are several residential apartments on the 3rd floor. Our access system is electronically-controlled. There are two ways to get to the second floor from the lobby - the stairs and the elevator. At 7pm, the doors from the stairwell to the second floor lock (for emergency purposes, you can still leave, you just can't get back in without an access card). Also at 7pm, the elevator's button for the second floor is disabled (again, you can use the elevator to go up to the third floor lobby or down to the first floor lobby, but it won't stop on the second floor lobby). In other words, without an access card, one cannot get onto the second floor.

Amazon has delivered between 5pm and 7pm a few times despite the hours I posted, and when they do, they can still get up to the second floor lobby because the locks are still open. When that has happened, they usually set the package at our reception door, and it's relatively secure because once 7pm hits, that package is secured in the second floor lobby.

However, last night at 8:35pm, while eating dinner at home, I received notification from Amazon that a package had been delivered. "Huh?" I thought, "where did they put it?" So, I opened the notification on my phone and saw this:

1703780698625.png

They delivered the package, along with a second one for someone else, inside our elevator, which is accessible to the public! That's a new level of stupid/lazy.

There's a good ending to this piss-and-moan-fest, though. The packages were still in the elevator when I arrived for work this morning!

Amazon cannot seem to understand how to deliver to a business. I've had this entered into the delivery instructions on Amazon for years because I take many deliveries at my office:

View attachment 486023

I've clearly indicated that we are only here to accept deliveries from 8am to 5pm. For most deliveries, they do just fine, but occasionally, there is an anomaly and an attempt is made to deliver after hours.

Our building is a three story building. There's an unoccupied retail space on the first floor off the lobby, our business occupies the entire second floor, and there are several residential apartments on the 3rd floor. Our access system is electronically-controlled. There are two ways to get to the second floor from the lobby - the stairs and the elevator. At 7pm, the doors from the stairwell to the second floor lock (for emergency purposes, you can still leave, you just can't get back in without an access card). Also at 7pm, the elevator's button for the second floor is disabled (again, you can use the elevator to go up to the third floor lobby or down to the first floor lobby, but it won't stop on the second floor lobby). In other words, without an access card, one cannot get onto the second floor.

Amazon has delivered between 5pm and 7pm a few times despite the hours I posted, and when they do, they can still get up to the second floor lobby because the locks are still open. When that has happened, they usually set the package at our reception door, and it's relatively secure because once 7pm hits, that package is secured in the second floor lobby.

However, last night at 8:35pm, while eating dinner at home, I received notification from Amazon that a package had been delivered. "Huh?" I thought, "where did they put it?" So, I opened the notification on my phone and saw this:

View attachment 486022

They delivered the package, along with a second one for someone else, inside our elevator, which is accessible to the public! That's a new level of stupid/lazy.

There's a good ending to this piss-and-moan-fest, though. The packages were still in the elevator when I arrived for work this morning!

When Amazon first started their "for business" program, they caused me all kinds of problems. I'd order 10 UPS units, and they'd be shipped in two shipments of 5 each. That was fine, but what caused problems was they'd BILL it that way as well, yet the receipt I got was for 1 shipment of 10. Caused any number of headaches reconciling my corporate card with accounting. I raised all sorts of Hell about it, they eventually changed their process.

As for your delivery, I hoped you clicked "Delivery wasn't so great" in the email they send you...

Reactions: sab
I got a bill for insurance on my truck. The price tripled so I called to see what liability only would be. This is the email I got :

Sarah let me know that you were wanting a quote having Liability only on your 2014 Nissan Frontier and I provided the premium difference below:

Curent Renewal Premium - $3,560

Adjusted Renewal Premium - $3,319

This is nuts, the truck has over 200k.

Insurance companies are sulfuring storms, fires, floods and crimes everywhere. They have 2 choices. Either raise prices or go out of business.
You forgot to mention all the claims they are paying out on for accidents caused by uninsurred drivers. The premium for uninsured or under insured coverages has gone up dramatically in the last few years... (I guess that could fall under the crime

I would wonder why that is, but all anyone would have to do is take a good look at the influx of illegals that are now flooding our streets in junk cars with no driver's license or insurance.

I got a bill for insurance on my truck. The price tripled so I called to see what liability only would be. This is the email I got :

Sarah let me know that you were wanting a quote having Liability only on your 2014 Nissan Frontier and I provided the premium difference below:

Curent Renewal Premium - $3,560

Adjusted Renewal Premium - $3,319

This is nuts, the truck has over 200k.

$3560 for one truck?? I am paying $5200 for 5 vehicles including a benz and a 2023 Rogue here on Long Island...Damn, never moving to FL....but yeah, liability is biggest portion of the bill.

Reactions: reddvltj
Is anyone else cold?

It was -7 F taking the snow off the driveway today. -20 F to -30 F wind chill.

9 inches of snow. I took off 7 inches yeasterday, but the wind and plow pushed a foot back on the end of the driveway.

They are forecasting -20 F tonight and 88 hours of below zero temps. It will get up to 5 F on Tuesday.

Winter gear for windy negative days.

1000005262.jpg

Right now 15F with -1 windchill inch of blowing snow overnight . It's balmy compared to Denver - 4 F . Just winter in the Rockies .

Reactions: reddvltj
Is anyone else cold?

It was -7 F taking the snow off the driveway today. -20 F to -30 F wind chill.

9 inches of snow. I took off 7 inches yeasterday, but the wind and plow pushed a foot back on the end of the driveway.

They are forecasting -20 F tonight and 88 hours of below zero temps. It will get up to 5 F on Tuesday.

Winter gear for windy negative days.

View attachment 491055

Was a very chilly 65 degrees this afternoon in Summerfield Florida.

I’m in a tent near Jefferson, CO. Last night was just above zero, with 50MPH winds. Suffice to say, we didn’t sleep well. One of the tents in our group ripped from the wind.

I’m having a blast!