Portable work light

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Made the monthly run to Costco this weekend, and the wife came up with a portable work light that is inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things), very bright, and pretty indestructable looking.

http://www.costcoweekender.com/2016/02/cat-rechargeable-led-work-light-costco-962841.html

She snagged this because we usually end up field dressing game after dark, and its a pain in the backsides to do that with a flashlight. Hiking in a couple of lanterns is also a pain in the backsides. These are a probable solution to the problem. They are smaller than they look in the pictures, fairly light weight, water resistant, and rechargable. There is also a USB port on the back to recharge your phone if need be.

Check them out, they are pretty useful gadgets, and would work well for doing trail repairs after dark.

Reactions: Chris
Very cool! You know, every so often I find the best deal on something automotive related at Costco. Last time I found my tool box there. It was a damn good deal and it turned out to be a very, very high quality piece!

Reactions: StG58
Very cool! You know, every so often I find the best deal on something automotive related at Costco. Last time I found my tool box there. It was a damn good deal and it turned out to be a very, very high quality piece!

They do surprise at times. I bought the youngest daughter a tool set there awhile back. She liked it so much that I got one as well to carry in the truck. The wrenches and sockets were good, but the ratchets were garbage. Ratchets are easy though, so I still feel like I came out ahead on the deal. I love their shop rags.

I have a feeling that these battery powered shop lights are going to be a good deal. Small enough to pack in the Jeep, and they put out a lot of light. The case is heavy duty and have plastic armor in all the right places. Water resistant. Cheap enough that if you kill one, you don't say rude words over it. We're going to snag a couple more just because. One for the TJ, one for the Suburban, and a couple more just because.

Oh, Costco has a floor jack that I'm eyeing as well. It's a big sucker with enough lift to work on the TJ and enough capacity to work on the Suburban.

Problem with Costco is that you have to get the deal while it lasts. They don't keep the same things on the shelves for long, so you've got to get it before they sell out, because once they do, it doesn't usually come back.

Next time we go to Costco I'll check these out. A nice LED powered shop light is always a nice thing to have. I've got a bunch of smaller ones but they're cheap Harbor Freight ones.

As for a floor jack, I've been using one of the big 6 ton ones I got at Harbor Freight 8 years ago. 8 years of use and it hasn't let me down. They sell them for about $70, so you can't really complain about that.

Reactions: StG58
I got LED shop lights (corded) at Costco a few weeks ago. First time I used them I was considering sunglasses under the Jeep. I like the idea of a battery light. We just made our monthly Costco protein resupply trip yesterday but didn't see that light. I may trek back this weekend to look for it and the floor jack. My old Craftsman floor jack died last week.

Reactions: Chris