Quality bumpers

I do plan to add a piece to extend it back to grill similar to what @Mike_H or @jjvw have done but other than that happy with my Motobilt.

2BC65433-C88F-4E84-B26E-26D736DD6419.jpeg

72B5E7F1-FC80-406F-A10B-D06493BD88B5.jpeg

FF029AED-3C63-4DE7-8E85-DBDFBD5ECAA3.jpeg

Not a lot of love for EAG bumpers, cheap chinese crap and so on, but mine have taken hits and not bent. They have protected the sheet metal, and that is all I ask. I also run full width, trees can jump out in front when you least expect it. Recovery points are great. Winch mount is great. Works with no modifications for my antirock.
Did I mention cheap?

Bumpers should be disposable. They are there to protect the rest of the vehicle. They are a fuse, if you will. If they don't bend, something else will.
I can't imagine spending more than a few hundred bucks unless there is a mall mom you want to impress.

Last edited:
I have a Motobilt Crusher on now (in this photo). If you look at my profile its the bumper you were looking at. Everyone is saying they're not sturdy... I was hit by a drunk driver and it held up fine. Insurance paid so I upgraded but depending on your use the tubes did their job for me

Bumper.jpg

A few years ago I bought a new Warn winch and winch plate for my '06 LJR. They offered me a special deal on a full width Warn bumper, so I took it. It has been hit three times in parking lots by morons, with no damage. Not even paint damage. I really like it.

20200728_145051.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Short of it being aluminum, for the amount of effort it took to make a steel bumper match the design of a Savvy bumper, it's a little difficult to not push for Savvy if the details matter.

Can’t really disagree with you but at roughly half price (on sale) and readily available I can stand to curse the gap until it is addressed.

I was going to buy their aluminum front bumper, but they didn't have a matching rear one for a similar price.
p.s. You forgot to mention that you love that look on red (mine) and black @John Cooper Jeeps too. ;)

Yeah - All the darker colors really just white kind of washes it out

I hope I did the right thing on the rear bumper- it just is kind of hard to choke down spending a lot for a rear bumper at all to me- I never see one that’s like “oh my word what a rear bumper I’m drooling”

I hope I did the right thing on the rear bumper- it just is kind of hard to choke down spending a lot for a rear bumper at all to me- I never see one that’s like “oh my word what a rear bumper I’m drooling”

I feel the same way. I usually just buy matching bumpers that work for me and find a discount/best online price. My old Warn bumpers were NEW "scratch and dent" Ebay specials for $150 (pair/shipped). They showed up with NO scratches or dents. My LOD bumpers on my current Jeep were under $400 shipped (both).
XMAS JEEP1 (2).jpg

warn rear bumper.jpg

I feel the same way. I usually just buy matching bumpers that work for me and find a discount/best online price. My old Warn bumpers were NEW "scratch and dent" Ebay specials for $150 (pair/shipped). They showed up with NO scratches or dents.
View attachment 387091

View attachment 387092

I'm liking the LOD 44" front bumper myself, I would like to see one in person to really know if that's what I want.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I'm liking the LOD 44" front bumper myself, I would like to see one in person to really know if that's what I want.

They're just a basic, solid design used by many. A guy on my old forum, rolled his Jeep sideways several times down a hill. His LOD bumpers were the only thing that survived without damage (y)
p.s. If I can buy USA made products and afford them, I do. My LOD decals "finish" have held up as good as the bumpers finish (after 6 years).
Rubi TS (2).jpg

Savvy.jpg

LOD (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC) (2).jpg

Last edited:
They're just a basic, solid design used by many. A guy on my old forum, rolled his Jeep sideways several times down a hill. His LOD bumpers were the only thing that survived without damage (y)
p.s. If I can buy USA made products and afford them, I do.
View attachment 387095

Dang good looking bumper, your picture is better than the one on their website.

Now are those pink nipple rings on that bumper??? :oops: :oops: 🤣 🤣

Reactions: TheBoogieman

I had a hard time with rear bumpers too, that’s one reason I did a rear bumper delete. Lots of work, but the departure angle is outstanding

71F0FCDE-EC59-4B94-A760-2D77C03B9C25.jpeg

0A0E3A96-2D49-4C04-9CA6-5FBD92B35D38.jpeg

Reactions: nfountain and AndyG