Quality light bar recommendations?

After talking with Blaine a bit, I'm going to get a Gladiator Rubicon with the 3.6.

I don't intend to do much too it other than maybe a 2" lift and some 35s. It's mainly for my wife. That way she can go wheeling with me, have plenty of room for the kids, and essentially be a recovery vehicle and a vehicle to carry all the gear. This will make wheeling a lot more fun as I don't have to try and cram everything into the TJ. It's a brilliant idea and even makes more sense than a JLU in my mind due to the extra storage space.

I may wait a bit to see if prices eventually go down as now is not the prime time to buy.
Here ya go Chris...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...e1=JEEP&modelCode1=JEEPGLAD&clickType=listing

Or this one...
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&clickType=listing

Reactions: Chris
Hella has a nice low profile 20”
A635F641-5347-4FA7-B36E-AC20830ECDA2.jpeg

I am running all Rigid Ind. long range on the windshield, a 10" light bar (driving beam) and Side Shooters ( driving beam ) the side shooters do really light up the side of the road/trail and KC Headlights. BUT I never considered a 50" light basis like a hi-lift, ax, or shovel hood mounted.

IMG_2180.jpg

No, not selling any longer, and thank goodness for that. Found a way to get the money I need for a deposit on a Gladiator. That being said, I get a Gladiator and a TJ, so it's a win-win.
Hey I got my gladiator first then got this tj which came with a kc setup rack mounted. Whatever you get, get LED's these halogens are unimpressive :(

Reactions: Chris
After talking with Blaine a bit, I'm going to get a Gladiator Rubicon with the 3.6.

I don't intend to do much too it other than maybe a 2" lift and some 35s. It's mainly for my wife. That way she can go wheeling with me, have plenty of room for the kids, and essentially be a recovery vehicle and a vehicle to carry all the gear. This will make wheeling a lot more fun as I don't have to try and cram everything into the TJ. It's a brilliant idea and even makes more sense than a JLU in my mind due to the extra storage space.

I may wait a bit to see if prices eventually go down as now is not the prime time to buy.
Ha we are living the opposite life, I got our gladiator went out to joshua tree, wife loved wheeling so much I got this tj so she could beat the crap out if instead of our gladiator :)

2021-09-03 12.53.33.jpg

I am running all Rigid Ind. long range on the windshield, a 10" light bar (driving beam) and Side Shooters ( driving beam ) the side shooters do really light up the side of the road/trail and KC Headlights. BUT I never considered a 50" light basis like a hi-lift, ax, or shovel hood mounted.

View attachment 278839
the 'side shooters' at the base of the windshield would probably work well out in the desert, I won't run them here though because I've seen too many ripped off by tree branches/roots etc on the trails. I ended up armoring the whole side of the windshield there due to the frequency of it getting slapped/hit by stuff.

As with so many other things, what lights work best in what location likely depends on use case and where you wheel :) I do wish I could run them there as being higher up they'd get better vision then the ones on my bumper though. Lower lights just get blocked by humps and bumps too much.

What about KC's C-series 50" combo?

I've been slowly swapping out shitty LED's for all KC brand lighting. Theur headlights, fogs and I have a set of flex era 3 combos on the windshield pillar. Everything I need right now.

What about KC's C-series 50" combo?

I've been slowly swapping out shitty LED's for all KC brand lighting. Theur headlights, fogs and I have a set of flex era 3 combos on the windshield pillar. Everything I need right now.

I'd love to do that but I've always got so much stuff going on the Jeep that it's only occasionally that lighting bubbles its way to the top of the priority list.

So far I replaced my 50" amazon light bar above the windshield with some KC's at the windshield brackets, and I let my LED cubes go with the TJ and kept the round Hella driving lights that came on the LJ's bumper. But I hate those even more, because they're incandescent (probably halogen), the pattern is redundant with the KC's, but they're so brown and dim I can barely even tell they're on when the headlights are already on. So they're next up.

Black Oak LED has some top quality gear at a value price. Admittedly, I spent $750, but that got me a pair of a-pillar pods, a 10" dual-row bar for the front, and a reverse light. The 10" bar was the most expensive at about $400, I think.

I've had them on multiple vehicles for about 5 years with zero issues. Lifetime warranty, IPX7 (I think), and American-made. I'm a picky bastard, and I won't use anything else.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low