Quality light bar recommendations?

I know Rough Country gets a bad rap but I have had one of their blackout single row light bars behind the grill of my GMC for years. I was impressed with the quality when installing it and have had no problems. Turns everything to daylight.

I'm looking for a light bar for my TJ to go over the windshield.

If you know me, you'll know I don't cheap out or buy low quality parts. That being said, I'm looking for something that is high quality with good light output.

KC makes some that are $1500 to $2000, but that feels like it may be too much for simply a light bar.

Curious what others are running, how they're holding up, and how the light output is.

I have seen Oracle get solid reviews. They have brackets and a bar for a decent price. Obviously compare specs vs KC and others, but Oracle has a good following.

What Gladiator are you going for, specs? Where is that emoji "This thread is useless without pics."

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-black-series-7d-50-288w-dual-row-led-light-bar
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/1997-2006-jeep-tj-oracle-off-road-led-light-bar-roof-brackets
Screenshot_20210921-181129.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-181806.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I have seen Oracle get solid reviews. They have brackets and a bar for a decent price. Obviously compare specs vs KC and others, but Oracle has a good following.

What Gladiator are you going for, specs? Where is that emoji "This thread is useless without pics."

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-black-series-7d-50-288w-dual-row-led-light-bar
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/1997-2006-jeep-tj-oracle-off-road-led-light-bar-roof-brackets
View attachment 278590View attachment 278591

After talking with Blaine a bit, I'm going to get a Gladiator Rubicon with the 3.6.

I don't intend to do much too it other than maybe a 2" lift and some 35s. It's mainly for my wife. That way she can go wheeling with me, have plenty of room for the kids, and essentially be a recovery vehicle and a vehicle to carry all the gear. This will make wheeling a lot more fun as I don't have to try and cram everything into the TJ. It's a brilliant idea and even makes more sense than a JLU in my mind due to the extra storage space.

I may wait a bit to see if prices eventually go down as now is not the prime time to buy.

I'm looking for a light bar for my TJ to go over the windshield.

If you know me, you'll know I don't cheap out or buy low quality parts. That being said, I'm looking for something that is high quality with good light output.

KC makes some that are $1500 to $2000, but that feels like it may be too much for simply a light bar.

Curious what others are running, how they're holding up, and how the light output is.
Are you gunna add a angry grill to go with it?

After talking with Blaine a bit, I'm going to get a Gladiator Rubicon with the 3.6.

I don't intend to do much too it other than maybe a 2" lift and some 35s. It's mainly for my wife. That way she can go wheeling with me, have plenty of room for the kids, and essentially be a recovery vehicle and a vehicle to carry all the gear. This will make wheeling a lot more fun as I don't have to try and cram everything into the TJ. It's a brilliant idea and even makes more sense than a JLU in my mind due to the extra storage space.

I may wait a bit to see if prices eventually go down as now is not the prime time to buy.
37’s minimum on those tanks

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
37’s minimum on those tanks
Perhaps, but it won't be used for any sort of rock crawling. The plan would be to use this setup on trails with bypass routes. 37s would fit, but I'm not sure how necessary they'd be other than looks. We'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: Apparition
i don’t know how familiar you guys are with donut media but they compare top of the line products versus more affordable option and the newest season they are building overland tacoma’s and they covered the KC Lights and a regular cheap light bar

I’ve ordered a small black oak light bar that I just got the bracket to install back today. The black oak customer service was great and it came with a nice premade wiring harness. I will post pics once installed.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Nice plan with the new Gladiator @Chris ! That should all work out nice for you and the family (heck, and you never know, you might be featured on the next Trail Recon video!!) ;)

But I sure hope you're taking the advice of some of us who know. I had a roof mounted lightbar on my long travel sandrail and hated it! Spent all of our time in the dust at Superstition, Gordon's and Glamis. Even if you're leading and going fast (that's an argument) the weird glare from anything under the light beam up there is crap. My pillar lights worked far better and I had no problems seeing over stuff.

Go low and get the max lumens you can without breaking the bank. Companies like KC, Rigid and Baja Designs are big supporters of off roading organizations that continue to fight to keep our trails OPEN so support them if you can!

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris

If you think a gladiator will give you the space you need for your kids, you will be dissapointed.

Reactions: Apparition
I have a KC Pro 6 windshield bar. I love it. Doesn't blind me from the hood and I don't notice any whistling or wind noise. Great light output with a good pattern. Would recommend if you ultimately decide on a windshield mounted setup.

Reactions: L J and Mrholland