Ratchet Straps

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Looking for suggestions on some new ratchet straps. It's been years since I've bought any. Purpose is to tie down the Jeep to a trailer and emergency trail repairs.

Looking for suggestions on some new ratchet straps. It's been years since I've bought any. Purpose is to tie down the Jeep to a trailer and emergency trail repairs.
I use chain binders to tie vehicles to trailers, and a set of four ratchet straps I bought at Costco for everything else.

Binders:
upload_2017-9-10_13-35-59.jpeg

Chain:
3141-transport-chain-grade-70-5-16-x16-short-link_1_375.jpg

Ratchet straps:
upload_2017-9-10_13-37-23.jpeg

The Farm store carries the binders. They are cheap and last forever. With four binders and four tie down chains of the same size you're set for life. For the ratchet straps, pretty much the same deal. I got mine at Costco on a whim, but the Farm store has the same set with a different name on them for about the same price. All in, I think that I've got about $75 - $100 in the whole shebang, including a bag to throw them in. If you go this way, get the chains with the chain hooks already on the ends and to fit the binders. It's cheaper and easier that way.

Edited to add: I've tied down vehicles with four chains and two binders, but I'm lazy now. Binders about $12, Chains about $18, set of four ratchet straps about $20. That's today's prices. They've gone up a little since I bought mine.

Last edited:
Definitely X2 on the costco ratchet straps, they may change brands every once and while, but the ones they have are always good.