Pennsylvania Rausch Creek Rides

Can’t imagine how crowded the trails at rausch will be this weekend

I talked to Pete & Chris about possibly going up on a weekday to avoid the backlog of people itching to get out, think you can step away maybe on a Thursday or Friday? Was leaning more towards AOAA too, but either or works.

My schedule is pretty wide open, the good Guvna of Delaware saw to that

I talked to Pete & Chris about possibly going up on a weekday to avoid the backlog of people itching to get out, think you can step away maybe on a Thursday or Friday? Was leaning more towards AOAA too, but either or works.

My schedule is pretty wide open, the good Guvna of Delaware saw to that
Probably not. The last 7 weeks I’ve been playing teacher on days when I’m not at work. I’d love to go on a weekday but for the foreseeable future I’ll most likely have to plan a weekend run (after the initial rush of people) or a weekday run after the school year is done.

Can anyone slip away tomorrow, Friday May 15th, for a ride? Weather should be picture perfect, it's time to get back in business!

IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0622.PNG

Reactions: taylormade73
My buddy was out there on Saturday and he said it actually wasn't that busy. It was also cold and snowing so that could have been a factor.

Hey I’m in Rochester ny and I’m looking to drive down to rousch creek to go off-roading August 15th. It’s going to be my first trip down there. Is there camping available? Or is there any good camping locations near by that I should check out?

Reactions: b0xcar
Hey I’m in Rochester ny and I’m looking to drive down to rousch creek to go off-roading August 15th. It’s going to be my first trip down there. Is there camping available? Or is there any good camping locations near by that I should check out?
They do have a campground on their property. I’ve never camped there (I do know it’s primitive camping) but I would call and check to see if a reservation is necessary.

Not a bad deal. My brother is in Easton pa so I could possibly go there for the night. Im not bringing the wife so I should be good with just a tent and a air mattress as long as they have a shower. I’m still trying to figure out the logistics of it all. Anyone want to possibly get a group ride together? I wouldn’t mind a tour with it being my first time out.

My axle assembly is supposed to arrive tomorrow. If so I'm doing my axle swap this weekend. Id love to go and do a shake down run there Aug 15. Count me in tentatively.

Reactions: ErikOffroad
Camping is free. No services. Porta-potties only.

Like mentioned, Comfort Inn an exit or 2 down 81 is a pretty good deal with the discount. There is also a really nice, full service campground at that exit too. It’s called Twin Grove Campground.

I just booked a cabin there for that weekend. August 15th is the RC Club Rock Crawl Comp day at Rausch. My club enters every year. And we wheel on Sunday. When you drive through the comp course on your way to the trail on Saturday, look for a yellow TJ and say hello.

For cold beer and good grub, check out O’Neals Pub in down town Pine Grove not too far from the campground and Comfort Inn.

Last edited:
Planning a trip to Rausch July 24 & 25. It'll be our first time wheeling there. Any advice on which trails to spend our time on? We have 2 days of wheeling to fill!

Planning a trip to Rausch July 24 & 25. It'll be our first time wheeling there. Any advice on which trails to spend our time on? We have 2 days of wheeling to fill!
Depends on what kind of trails your looking to run? They have a ton of trails broken up by property area. The whole park is fun. Since you have 2 days, you should be able to hit up almost every area.

2 days is a great amount of time to get a good sampling of what they have to offer. Depending on your comfort level, rig, and individual fun meter(basically if you’re driving or trailering and your capacity for challenges and breakage) you can have a real hoot.

Check out their maps here:

https://www.rc4x4.org/maps

Most of our group will be fairly experienced drivers. The Jeeps range on the build scale but no stockers on this trip, everyone on 35" - 37" tires. About half of us will have trailers. Looking at the maps it appears that most of the trails are in the main property (east, south, west quadrants) so I'm thinking we'll focus on that. Is there anything notably different about the north east property? In case we don't make it up there, are we gonna wish we had?

Devil's Den on the north east property is a lot of fun for built Jeeps. I remember liking the North East property more than the original one, but its been so many years since I've been to Rausch that I can't remember much.

Reactions: SvtLdr