Just had mine done at Christian Brothers and they charged me $625. I shopped around and they quoted that price. Been a couple of weeks and so far, so good. Did a great job it appears.

They are a franchise across the country. At least in Arizona and Alabama I know of. I have used them in both states. Most other shops here in the Phoenix area wanted around $800, plus or minus 30%. So pricing gets them a lot of business also.

• Wow
Reactions: Tob
I just had my rear main seal replaced, also oil pan seal.
Still leaked, took it back, replaced rear main seal, still leaks.
Took it back, they replaced rear main seal and oil pan seal.
Picked it up an hour ago, STILL LEAKS, can someone tell me WHY ?

I just had my rear main seal replaced, also oil pan seal.
Still leaked, took it back, replaced rear main seal, still leaks.
Took it back, they replaced rear main seal and oil pan seal.
Picked it up an hour ago, STILL LEAKS, can someone tell me WHY ?
Make sure it’s not the valve cover. They probably don’t know what they are doing. After that many try’s I’d ask for my money back and take it somewhere else.

Reactions: skrelnik
Make sure it’s not the valve cover. They probably don’t know what they are doing. After that many try’s I’d ask for my money back and take it somewhere else.
Im so frustrated, he said it might be crank bearing, enclosed is a picture

123_1_1626904236179.jpeg

Or one of the elbows on the valve cover. Also, see if the oil pan itself is seeping oil.

I would say that as well for the valve cover. When I did my rms that tiny little piece that slides up there is tough to get perfect and my first attempt it cut so I was very slow on the second try. That may have happened as well.

I would say that as well for the valve cover. When I did my rms that tiny little piece that slides up there is tough to get perfect and my first attempt it cut so I was very slow on the second try. That may have happened as well.
I've taken it back 3 times, can i just add oil so i can keep driving it ?
I need my jeep, i dont have time to get it in some where else right now.

Im so frustrated, he said it might be crank bearing, enclosed is a picture

View attachment 266730
Nothing really looks that bad to me. If that’s a pic after they have already tried I don’t see any Anaerobic sealant that’s an important step. I don’t know how bad it’s leaking but if you keep oil in it it won’t hurt anything but your driveway lol. Lots of people are running around with leaky rear main seals

Reactions: JMT
Im not sure how to do that, im a women, i just paid 1,600.00 for the rear main and oil pan. Just got it back, same leak

That sucks!!! Do you know of the right part number was used since early model TJs have a different seal than later models.

See post 1 on this thread for links to part numbers.

I've taken it back 3 times, can i just add oil so i can keep driving it ?
I need my jeep, i dont have time to get it in some where else right now.
That sucks and that is wayyyy too much money. If they don’t refund you complain through the bank or cc for a refund. Keep a paper trail of all conversations with the repair place. Is it pouring out, then I would say it’s something else. Mine was just an annoying drip and driveway stains. Getting the money back may take months but keep on it. I am sure if you were near one of us we would help or try teaching out to a local Jeep club for help or recommendations like trusted mechanics

That sucks and that is wayyyy too much money. If they don’t refund you complain through the bank or cc for a refund. Keep a paper trail of all conversations with the repair place. Is it pouring out, then I would say it’s something else. Mine was just an annoying drip and driveway stains. Getting the money back may take months but keep on it. I am sure if you were near one of us we would help or try teaching out to a local Jeep club for help or recommendations like trusted mechanics
I am also going to throw in my personal opinion about one of your comments. The 4.0 doesn’t care what sex you are and just wants to be played with. My ex gf kicked my ass in the garage. Get a manual, watch YouTube videos, ask here. You will recognize certain sounds and smells over time that just are not normal for your Jeep. I didn’t know anything either on my first Jeep. I bought stick and didn’t know how to drive it, I just wanted it. 40 mile drive in 1st and maybe 2nd didn’t go very well but start small with your own oil change, thermostat, diff fluid change etc. I’ll admit that the rmc was not easy by myself and I offended many children walking by with my language but, Chris’s post here and with many videos it worked out. Last week was Harland sharp rockers, and a new radiator. It never ends but it’s fun (and frustrating) to learn and a hell of a lot cheaper. I have no training at all but I find it fun to work on rather than paying someone too much to mess up. YouTube has been my savior and honestly don’t know how my grandfather did it in the 50’s with a little book. Ok time for me to shut up… good luck.

I have an '06 with the 2.4L (4 cylinder), how much of this guide would apply to me? Thanks.