Refresher course in communication

I graduated in '81, and all those things were still being taught at my high school at the time ("World Problems" class, which was required that you pass to be able to graduate).

I graduated in 02 and there was nothing like that offered in school whatsoever. I guess they just expected you to figure it out on your own.

Two others I cannot stand:
"I know, right?"
"Nuff said...."

Personally, I don't mind the move away from cursive. Most people do not write it correctly anyway. They put their own "flair" on it which nobody but themselves can understand. There really is no need for it other than being "fancy."

Meanwhile I’m being driven crazy by the punctuation and grammar that some people are using for new thread titles in this forum.

Periods after thread titles? They aren’t sentences in most cases.

More than one exclamation mark? This isn’t a shouting contest.

Lowercase letters to start thread titles?

Needless to say I spend a decent amount of time editing people’s thread titles for them.

:risas3:

Two others I cannot stand:
"I know, right?"
"Nuff said...."

Personally, I don't mind the move away from cursive. Most people do not write it correctly anyway. They put their own "flair" on it which nobody but themselves can understand. There really is no need for it other than being "fancy."
You do realize that your statement regarding cursive could easily be responded to with either, or both, of the two phrases you cannot stand...? ;)

Meanwhile I’m being driven crazy by the punctuation and grammar that some people are using for new thread titles in this forum.

Periods after thread titles? They aren’t sentences in most cases.

More than one exclamation mark? This isn’t a shouting contest.

Lowercase letters to start thread titles?

Needless to say I spend a decent amount of time editing people’s thread titles for them.

:risas3:
I'm rather fond of the whole "..." thing at the end of a sentence. Not sure why, actually... :D

I think you need a couple question marks and about ummm 7 explanation marks too .(just to add a bit of flare) lol

I want to assume it has something to do with people typing on their phones, in which case I know auto-correct can be annoying.

It irks me though. Every time I see a thread with one of those titles, I can't help but go edit it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ