Replace ignition switch or actuator?

2SISJP

Radio and turn signals do not work in run position but do in the aux position (one click down). I've tried some research that landed me here. It is leading me to believe I need to replace the ignition switch or actuator. I'd appreciate some feedback from experienced owners. My sister and I have had her for a year and have enjoyed learning how to replace and work on our Jeep. Thanks in advance.

Its sounds like it's either a bent actuating rod or bad ignition switch contacts.
You should also check out the ignition switch harness to see if there are any signs of overheating.

Its sounds like it's either a bent actuating rod or bad ignition switch contacts.
You should also check out the ignition switch harness to see if there are any signs of overheating.
Will do! I'll check for obvious problems before replacing. Thanks Charles!

My 04 TJ started this today. Is it usually a switch problem? I checked all the fuses. I only have about 25k on her. Is the switch hard to change? Thanks.

My 04 TJ started this today. Is it usually a switch problem? I checked all the fuses. I only have about 25k on her. Is the switch hard to change? Thanks.
In the TJ Resources section on the Forum there are PDFs of the Factory Service Manuals available for download for your year TJ that will assist you to remove and replace the ignition switch if you determine that is your Jeeps problem.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

Thanks so much. I also found the video in the “how to “section .
Thanks again.

I haven’t replaced the switch and actuator yet but I have a whole set of new gremlins. Not only is my radio and turn signals not working but now my blower and heat is not working and I have an airbag light on! Can all this be attributed to the switch? When you turn on the acc the radio and turn signals do work. ??? All fuses and relays have been checked and are good. Grounds are clean. Any suggestions wold be greatly appreciated.

I replaced my switch actuator and now the steering wheel lock does not lock and the key can be removed with the transmission shifter out of the Park position. What did I do wrong?

I’m not sure what that could be. I watched the video over and over and also while I was replacing mine. I replaced the switch and actuator. The actuator seemed fine but since I was there I changed it. I kept my lock and key since it was ok. I wasn’t sure the steering was locking but after turning it on and off a few times it works great. All my gremlins are gone thank goodness. It took a few hours and a lot of swearing lol. Those little springs are tricky. They may have something to do with the locking mechanism. Good luck.