Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Did you adjust them at all?
At all and beyond, yes i did.

Satisfy my curiosity for a second, taking into consideration key words such as: side mirrors, eyeballs, spread.
What does your mind envision in regards to what i have going on with adjustments?

Something like this?
crossed-eye-talking.gif

or this

looks-good-to-me.jpg

maybe you had something more advanced and beyond this universe comprehension, along the lines of this

95fc804ab9b5116b6cd3a025a65d041c.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
H
At all and beyond, yes i did.

Satisfy my curiosity for a second, taking into consideration key words such as: side mirrors, eyeballs, spread.
What does your mind envision in regards to what i have going on with adjustments?

Something like this?
View attachment 284171

or this

View attachment 284172

maybe you had something more advanced and beyond this universe comprehension, along the lines of this

View attachment 284173
Huh, not sure how to respond 😂 Haha no I was just wondering, was considering the knock-offs as an upgrade option and I knew they’d be bright but I figured I guy should be able to adjust em down enough that they at least wouldn’t blind other traffic (too much). If it’s that bad I’ll probably be looking at somethin else.

H

Huh, not sure how to respond 😂 Haha no I was just wondering, was considering the knock-offs as an upgrade option and I knew they’d be bright but I figured I guy should be able to adjust em down enough that they at least wouldn’t blind other traffic (too much). If it’s that bad I’ll probably be looking at somethin else.
:)

They light up road phenomenally, no complaints here, but light is very scattered. When i was adjusting them, at 25ft away i was a bit confused as to where the light focus was, it was literally lighting up the whole garage door.

By spread I am mean in all directions, not just up or down. Imagine driving besides someone and see everything inside their car at night.

As far as up down adjustment, I nearly reached limit of down adjustment. Bit retarded looking if you ask me

20191002_190821.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
This is the first ive heard of anyone having problems blinding people. Literally dozens of us running these on here. I didnt even readjust mine. Been running them well over a year on my daily driver. Never had one flashback at me. Or complaint.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
This is the first ive heard of anyone having problems blinding people. Literally dozens of us running these on here. I didnt even readjust mine. Been running them well over a year on my daily driver. Never had one flashback at me. Or complaint.
Just as surprised as you are, imagine what my opinion about all dozens of you after having and seeing how they perform... Especially you, who simply slapped them in there without any adjustments.

Lights come in two flavor patterns, focused and scattered, for different applications. They are also marked and sold as one or the other, which if memory does trick me, is not the case for this lights.
So if you are and your dozens are not full of shit, that means there are two versions on the market, and it is a luck of a draw as to who gets what.

Just as surprised as you are, imagine what my opinion about all dozens of you after having and seeing how they perform... Especially you, who simply slapped them in there without any adjustments.

Lights come in two flavor patterns, focused and scattered, for different applications. They are also marked and sold as one or the other, which if memory does trick me, is not the case for this lights.
So if you are and your dozens are not full of shit, that means there are two versions on the market, and it is a luck of a draw as to who gets what.

Are you saying the TruckLite knockoffs that have been linked to in numerous posts here are available in two flavors?

I don't see anything in the description on Amazon that makes mention to that.....

These were the second set of cost-conscious LEDs I've used. The first was absolutely void of anything that could be interpreted as a 'pattern' and the second (linked to above) was less than ideal as well. I see no advantage to running these over a good set of H4s other than the color temperature. Mine are out.. I went back to H4s. YMMV

I’ve been running them about a year now and I think they are phenomenal for the price. I have not been flashed once and the difference compared to stock is night and day. I’ve considered putting a set in my wife’s 2018 JK as they are definitely better than hers and I would say they light up the road just as well as the stock LED headlights on my 2015 F-150.

I’ve been running them about a year now and I think they are phenomenal for the price. I have not been flashed once and the difference compared to stock is night and day. I’ve considered putting a set in my wife’s 2018 JK as they are definitely better than hers and I would say they light up the road just as well as the stock LED headlights on my 2015 F-150.

I'm in full agreement that they are better than the stock (though, truth told, I never had the stockers in my TJ.. I had a set of pitiful $20 LEDs) and once adjusted properly I never had anyone flashing me back. And, they would be an improvement in output over the stock JK (I had two JKs and replaced the stock headlights with IPF H4s with 100/80's).

All that said... I'll be selling mine if you want a set for your wife's JK. Amazon price is back up to $99.

I dont know the cost or hassle involved in H4s. But for the $65 i paid on ebay. And the fact that they slapped right in. Its a sweet spot for me. I could care less about the pattern. As long as they are brighter and wider than the stock lights. Which tjey are by a long shot. And i dont bother other drivers and get flash backs.

I dont really care to spend anymore on headlights. I have to many other places i want to invest in my Jeep.

For $65 i am super happy with them.

Reactions: Ron505
I just purchased some and broke my adjustment mount trying to adjust them down enough. I ended up getting the real TruckLites and they don't have that problem. I even tried putting washers on the top two bolts of the whole bucket where it attaches to the front of the jeep to push the lights downward and still couldn't do it.
Sounds like there are different versions out there. Here are the ones that didn't work for me:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I just purchased some and broke my adjustment mount trying to adjust them down enough. I ended up getting the real TruckLites and they don't have that problem. I even tried putting washers on the top two bolts of the whole bucket where it attaches to the front of the jeep to push the lights downward and still couldn't do it.
Sounds like there are different versions out there. Here are the ones that didn't work for me:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That's the ones I used, and I did have to point them way way down but I did get there without breaking anything.

Reactions: Alex01
Same here. I used the same ones and had aim them way down. Ultimately, I bailed on them and went back to halogens. I didn't like the pattern or aesthetics of the knockoffs.

I had zero problems aiming mine to the specs in the FSM. Still completely happy with them. Had one fail after two years of use while on an overland trip this past summer and replaced it with the same.

I think these are the current knock offs for the Truck Lites.
For 100 bucks… it’s worth a shot.
I currently have OEM sealed beams.
At least for another day or so, until I get these installed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B2GFS36/?tag=wranglerorg-20
That is the style cheapo's I have. They are going on 3 years or so now and haven't failed. I don't drive the rube at night much, so they don't get much use. They are bright!

That is the style cheapo's I have. They are going on 3 years or so now and haven't failed. I don't drive the rube at night much, so they don't get much use. They are bright!
I just didn’t see myself spending 600 for the truck lites. I’ve heard they can be found for 300, which I might consider. But not double that

Reactions: 707kevin
I bought a set of inexpensive LED headlights on Amazon 4+ years ago. Paid about $60 IIRC. Best money spent on the Jeep. They are still 1000 times better than the shitty sealed beam lamps that were on it, and they both still work flawlessly.

Reactions: 707kevin
I think these are the current knock offs for the Truck Lites.
For 100 bucks… it’s worth a shot.
I currently have OEM sealed beams.
At least for another day or so, until I get these installed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B2GFS36/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Be curious to see how they do...never had a Amazon LED light not leak inside of a year. But I live in Oregon...it rains a lot...also glad it comes with a 3 pong H4 connector...

I put a couple of cheapo Amazon and an E-bay on my truck. All junk. Wife finally let me do Morimotos. Guessing I will do the same thing for the Jeep.

-Mac

Reactions: Ephry73