Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Jumping in to ask if anyone has found an LED that has a warmer temperature light.

I have some of the spider eyeball looking LEDS and the light output is great, but I find the whiter/leaning more blue light just kind of disappears in the rain.

Every lamp I’ve seen so far is in the cooler color temp.

Jumping in to ask if anyone has found an LED that has a warmer temperature light.

I have some of the spider eyeball looking LEDS and the light output is great, but I find the whiter/leaning more blue light just kind of disappears in the rain.

Every lamp I’ve seen so far is in the cooler color temp.

Good question. Every single LED headlight I've seen is also the cooler colored as opposed to say a 3000-4000k color.

You could throw something in the amazon order for her... like a new book or lipgloss or whatever she likes.... and then when the box comes, she'll be excited you got her a little something special! Otherwise known as a bribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny! @mrblaine tossed in some fruity chapstick with my break order- it was a small thing that paid big dividends for me. By the way, thanks @mrblaine !

One question I have about any of the brighter white lights is how are they when say your out on a trail with 20 other jeeps and the dust from hell is going, the stuff thats worse than fog is what I'm talking about, I have to turn my fog pattern nilites off and only use the yellower stock headlights to be able to see anything because the back glare is terrible

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Is there a specific power to look for? I've noticed on ebay these lights are rated differently but look like they are the same light.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=253360393960

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=391740257236

The one is rating both lights as a pair 60+60=120W. Sometimes, especially knockoff LED headlights, are advertised for the rated halogen type bulb they will replace. So, I wouldn't look as closely at the listed wattage (W). The vendors think if they say higher wattage, it is better than the other guys because is uses more power. People tend to think in terms of watts because of incandescent and halogen bulbs they are most familiar with. By the wattage, you could pretty much know the brightness with those bulbs. These are different animals.

The WHDZ LED's from the OP say 36W:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I chose to buy the ones above (haven't received them yet) since they are proven by others. The ones you linked say they use more power, even though this might be the exact same light. Your guess is as good as mine since, the Amazon light looks almost the same as the Truck Lite. A clone of a clone, maybe? While the Amazon ones list they are 36W each, the real Truck lites don't advertise wattage that I could find on their web page. Maybe we can find it somewhere. Halogen people need to see it, LOL. For LED's we need to look at the lumens, most importantly the lux, and current draw at 12V to get a better picture of things to compare their output quality and efficiency.

Here are the real ones:
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10002

Look at the specs of the Amazon WHDZ clones vs. the real Truck Lites, they are very similar (comparing 12V system numbers):

Clones 1.80a low beam, 3.60a high beam
Truck Lites 1.45a low beam, 2.45a high beam*
(* assuming these are in a 12V system since they don't specify)

If these advertised numbers are correct, my guess is the clones are not quite as efficient and they have to use a bit more power to achieve nearly the same end result (assuming the output appearance and lux ratings are indeed similar). So, either the LED technology is less efficient or the reflector is less efficient. A clone always achieves to look the same and perform the same, but they are not always made with the same components. The Truck Lite technology is amazing because it generates a lot of quality light down the road (high lux rating) with very little output in lumens. This means their reflector technology is very effective.

Hope this helps.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Got the WHDZ LED's installed. Much improvement over stock. I had the Wagner "not so" BriteLite's already installed when I bought the Jeep recently. These are supposedly upgraded halogens that "Deliver 80% more light to the road than standard halogen headlamps". Not sure how they compare to stock, but they still really suck! When I would go into a parking garage and it would say "turn on lights", I would turn my lights on and barely be able to tell they were on!

As much as I didn't want to buy knockoff headlights, I wasn't' ready to spend $300+. And, since the stock lamps sucked so bad, I really needed to do something. For $99, even if they don't work out for the long haul, I'll buy something better in the future.

LED next to Wagner halogen.jpg LED headlights compare old and new light color.jpg LED headlights off.jpg LED headlights on.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ