Replacing the interior lights of your Jeep Wrangler TJ with LEDs

20190911_192213.jpg

20190911_192503.jpg

20190911_192159.jpg

20190914_192908.jpg

This is the current state of my HVAC controls. I'm going to swap out the bulbs with the warm bright light LED bulb. Sound bar lights are fine for me and the dash is fine. Maybe I'll replace the footwell lights with the warm brights too.
Superbriiight

Just ordered and received all my bulbs for this mod, got to the shifter and the bulb is too big, wont fit into the housing, anyone else run into this? I have an 04 LJ.

Just ordered and received all my bulbs for this mod, got to the shifter and the bulb is too big, wont fit into the housing, anyone else run into this? I have an 04 LJ.
I had the same problem with my 98 so I measured the original bulb and went searching on Amazon. I don’t know how to post the link, can someone tell me how? But the bulbs I bought are made by Anourney, 194 led, the ASIN is B07DB7W78P

Reactions: Boondocker88
I had the same problem with my 98 so I measured the original bulb and went searching on Amazon. I don’t know how to post the link, can someone tell me how? But the bulbs I bought are made by Anourney, 194 led, the ASIN is B07DB7W78P

Highlight the entire link.

Copy it.

Paste in into your post.

Reactions: TDB55
I had to file down the edge of the plastic to get it to fit. It doesn’t take much.

Reactions: Boondocker88
I saw pics of the cool and warm lights for the cluster, did anyone opt for the natural? Dome and foot also? If so, any pics to share?

Thank you a lot for the helpful content, today I am more in love with my TJ. I changed the Soundbar + footwell lights to LEDs.
The light is way better than before.

I bought:
Philips T10/194 bulbs

View attachment 114512
I did this to ours last night. The store said the direct replacement was the 921. I used both 921 and 194 to see if there was a difference. Need three and sold in packs of 2. I couldn't tell a difference. One bulb looked like a small covered light and the other had multiple LED lights. This is a great mod for the interior and a big bang for your buck. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: q8ieng
I just replaced the 5 cluster lamps with LEDs and none came on.
(as one video suggested, I kept track of the original direction of the word STANLEY on the back of the lamp housing)

so, I reversed the housings in the slots of the Cluster and still nothing came on.
(as the one video suggested, noting the direction of the word STANLEY to be flipped from original)

So lastly, I flipped the actual LEDs within the housing and returned the housing to their original direction within the Cluster (noting the word STANLEY)... and all LEDs came on!! crazy ass JEEPs

Last edited:
Just finished the footwells and the shifter - looks great, thanks @Chris for this thread

I know this has been asked but how do you pop off the sound bar overhead light covers ('04 Sport)? Plastic will bend but not budge.

RE: the LED being too big for the shifter - I ran into this too on my '04. I didn't have the patience to find a proper file and so I used a bit of gentle force/wiggling to insert the LED. It ultimately worked fine but yeah the filing is likely a safer solution.

Reactions: Chris
I saw pics of the cool and warm lights for the cluster, did anyone opt for the natural? Dome and foot also? If so, any pics to share?

Just checked my order and realized I ordered Natural for the shifter/footwells and Cool White for the overhead sound bar. Hopefully the difference doesn't bug me but I'll try to snap a couple pictures tonight. I have only installed the shifter and footwell lights so far.

Reactions: americanwrkmule
Got it, user error. The plastic lens cover and the actual housing inside the "pod" are separate pieces, I was trying to pry the housing out, not the lens. Lens easily popped out like it was supposed to. Thanks all

Reactions: nk24
Just checked my order and realized I ordered Natural for the shifter/footwells and Cool White for the overhead sound bar. Hopefully the difference doesn't bug me but I'll try to snap a couple pictures tonight. I have only installed the shifter and footwell lights so far.

I ended up with warm for the dash and natural for the footwells and sound bar. I like the color of the natural lights.

The dash may end up being a tad "too warm" for my liking but as of now it's not bugging me enough to order the natural.

I ended up with warm for the dash and natural for the footwells and sound bar. I like the color of the natural lights.

The dash may end up being a tad "too warm" for my liking but as of now it's not bugging me enough to order the natural.

Yeah natural in the shifter is looking good. Excited to do the rest soon