Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards Guide

This?

From PS website, "Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers™ bolt to your Jeep's body in key areas, and interface with strenghtened areas of the underside of the tub such as body mounts, strenthening ribs, etc. Because they mount to the body itself, there is no resulting gap or misalignment when a body lift is installed."

Except they don't mount to the tub itself. The rubber buddy mount puck goes between the Rocker Knockers and the body.

Except they don't mount to the tub itself. The rubber buddy mount puck goes between the Rocker Knockers and the body.
ok, their language is a bit confusing, but the term interface led me to think as you are saying, they tie into the body mounts which is a suck solution. Tub mount only.

So are savvy sliders still the way too go, I have ruled out the poison spyder, and the warns. I am not to keen on getting hammered on shipping by savvy, being in Canada. Might have to restart the search

So are savvy sliders still the way too go, I have ruled out the poison spyder, and the warns. I am not to keen on getting hammered on shipping by savvy, being in Canada. Might have to restart the search
Genright, TNT, JCR, others to look closely at.

I’m getting Big Daddy Off-road Aluminum sliders (14lbs each) to replace my genrights. I’ll do a review after they get some trail time. $399 and made from 1/4” 6061-T6.

I’ve had the Big Daddy steel ones for like 15 years now and they’re great. I can’t speak to the aluminum ones though.

Those are very nice. I have looked at these also, I am pretty picky. But those appear to be one of the most complete sliders on the market. In terms of protection and coverage.

I'm fussy too. I like the mounting design and the amount of coverage that they offer. Plus you can order them, painted, unpainted or PC and with/without steps and dimpled treads

I picked these up today off of Marketplace for $100. They'll need cleaning and painting and some design modifications/customizing.

They are 2 inch square tube and frame mounted. I'm hoping for TJ frame, but haven't fit them yet to see if the bolt pattern works.

I think they are for a TJ since the square tube is only 52 inches and an LJ would need more like 62-64" to fully cover the rocker and front fender. I'll take it to the weld shop (my brother if I can't get it done here reasonably) if I need to add 5 inches of tube and reinforcement angle to the front and back. If the bolt on doesn't work, I'll have them weld it directly to the frame after modification and painting. Even short they are 2000% better than a plastic step.

Each one weighs 40 lbs and looks like they held up to all sorts of abuse without anything more than paint removal. It's a starting point. The only other frame mount set I found online that might work were over $400 bare metal so I have some wiggle room for a certified welder looking for a side job. My welding might do if I spend more time practicing. I'd have to buy a couple grinder wheels to smooth the welds out into something nicer looking. :ROFLMAO:

20200623_160529.jpg

Last edited:
I’m getting Big Daddy Off-road Aluminum sliders (14lbs each) to replace my genrights. I’ll do a review after they get some trail time. $399 and made from 1/4” 6061-T6.
Any feedback on these? Did you follow through with the Al version or go steel? Are they ww2ww?

That isn't mounting to the tub. That is being sandwich mounted by the body mounts in 3 places.
Technically I guess your correct, so then are they only mounted to tub on the sides?

But my point was that they are not mounted the way Captain Phoenix had stated "rubber buddy mount puck goes between the Rocker Knockers and the body"

Technically I guess your correct, so then are they only mounted to tub on the sides?

But my point was that they are not mounted the way Captain Phoenix had stated "rubber buddy mount puck goes between the Rocker Knockers and the body"
Unfortunately he is correct. I have had several in here mounted like this because you can't raise them any higher. If you look at the holes on the underside, you can see the rock rail is right up against the torque box. At that point, why even run a body mount?

DSC_5428.JPG