Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards Guide

Apologize if I missed this elsewhere on this thread.

Are there any compatibility issues with rock sliders and a body lift?
Only if the body lift EDIT: Slider ties into the body mount, which is not advisable.

Last edited:
I think you meant to say “only if the slider ties into...” right?

Based on that info, that rules out a bunch of the options for me since I have a body lift.
Yes, thanks for the correction.

On a slider you want a tub mounted type. Let the body mounts do what they do best and leave the slider out of that equation.

Warn is very good

Reactions: tworley
I think you meant to say “only if the slider ties into...” right?

Based on that info, that rules out a bunch of the options for me since I have a body lift.
actually just the opposite, most of the sliders work find with a body lift, only 1-2 of them tie into the body mounts...

Body lift or not should not matter. But the sliders that tie into the body mounts should be ruled out of consideration.

Reactions: Sundowner
Well I just spent an hour reading all of this, and I may have absorbed some info:

- no step
- don't tie in body mounts
- don't use impact gun to set nutsert's
- mini boat sliders are no no (unless its a buggy?)
- don't use silicone or rubber between slider/tub

Did I miss anything? I think I've narrowed my options down to Savvy and Warn.

Mini boatsides are a yes yes, but the GR version could benefit from a couple small changes.

Reactions: nathanotis
Mini boatsides are a yes yes, but the GR version could benefit from a couple small changes.
Well that could be true. I suppose for me personally they're a no go. I don't come close to needing that much and I think I'd cry if I had to cut my tub like that.

I'm stuck between Savvy and Warn. I don't think I need the performance that savvy gives, but I want it :p

EDIT: Darn, Savvy is on backorder :cry:

EDIT 2.0: Savvy's ordered :geek:

Last edited:
Just to through something else to consider before buying sliders. IF you are considering flat fenders in the future look to make sure everything works together. I went with Poison Spyder sliders which I really like, but they go from plastic flare to flare which was fine until I installed my rear fenders. They fit fine with my Genright Alum front fenders, but when I added the rears there was a space I had to fill in. The Genright rear corners are made to fit up against there sliders which are WWxWW, and the PS are not. It is not like you can not make it work just another step I had to go through. The small black and white area just behind the slider is the area I am talking about

cor5_zps93a78d5b.JPG

cor4_zps9c32671c.JPG

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1977 (1).jpg

1_zps9ef85ed7.JPG

Just to through something else to consider before buying sliders. IF you are considering flat fenders in the future look to make sure everything works together. I went with Poison Spyder sliders which I really like, but they go from plastic flare to flare which was fine until I installed my rear fenders. They fit fine with my Genright Alum front fenders, but when I added the rears there was a space I had to fill in. The Genright rear corners are made to fit up against there sliders which are WWxWW, and the PS are not. It is not like you can not make it work just another step I had to go through. The small black and white area just behind the slider is the area I am talking about
That's a good point!
I don't plan on ever needing full corner/side armor. maybe the short corner guards on the back corners. Personally, I'm looking for ww2ww coverage in a slider, but I didn't even think about how it would play out for someone with other armor already, or went with different brands.

I am in Canada, It would cost probably 250 more for the savvy's I don't know if I love my jeep that much. The warn's will have to do. I have the front stubby, and the sliders are dropping on amazon, Even in Canada!

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
I am in Canada, It would cost probably 250 more for the savvy's I don't know if I love my jeep that much. The warn's will have to do. I have the front stubby, and the sliders are dropping on amazon, Even in Canada!
I too have the front stubby, and I do like the warn sliders, but I still need to buy them too.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Has anyone found aftermarket sliders that bolt onto the body channels like the stock TJ Rubicon sliders? I'd prefer to reuse those provisions instead of utilizing the body mounts.

Thanks

Has anyone found aftermarket sliders that bolt onto the body channels like the stock TJ Rubicon sliders? I'd prefer to reuse those provisions instead of utilizing the body mounts.

Thanks

The torque boxes? Savvy, GenRight, JCR, several others.

Warn 63002 sliders for 97-02 are down to $315 right now on Amazon. Just ordered a pair for myself after debating which brand for a while. I had been seeing them for 400+ on warn website and other places.
Is there a difference in the tubs between 97-02 and 03+? I just have the stock rubicon ones right now but this thread has me shopping