Rockjock (Currie) front spring updates

starkey480

Jeep parts inbound
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It seems that Rockjock has updated the front springs they include in their “4 inch lift kit” and it tripped up my dad who just ordered one. Thought I’d let y’all know. In the past, when you would buy the 4 inch lift kit, the front springs you would get are the CE-9132FP (22.6” free length/70lb rate). They have now relabeled these as “5 inch lift springs”. When you buy their “4 inch lift kit” they started including a shorter front spring that is CE-9132F1P (21.6” free length/70lb rate). Obviously true lift height is all relative to the weight of your vehicle and the lift heights they assign as names for the springs are just based on an average or whatever vehicle they used. For instance I have longer ones and I get 4.5” of lift out of them. That means if I put the new coils on I would only get 3.5” of lift out of them since they are an inch shorter and same spring rate. Luckily you can still buy the longer springs separately. Just make sure you check part numbers.

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9132FP-JK-4D-4-Lift-or-TJ-LJ-JK-2D-5-Lift-Front-Coil-Springs-Pair

Just got off the phone with rockjock to exchange the springs. They started putting a shorter front spring in the 4 inch kit because a couple people brought up that the front was sitting higher than 4 inches. They changed the name of the original spring they used to a “5inch spring” about 3 months ago and still sell it separately. Trying to see if they will give me a shipping label for the confusion since I wanted the product they have always included in the 4 inch kit up until 3 months ago.

Reactions: FarFire70 and Jezza
Hmm I just bought some a few months ago, wonder which ones I got. It seems like more than 4" to me. Guess I should go check.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Thanks for the heads up! I have new 3" springs from Savvy sitting in my basement but was looking to go to purchase 4" as I decided to move to 35s after purchasing the 3" kit for my existing 33s. I'll be keeping an eye on the community discussions now before I pick up the 4" springs to be sure I get the right ones for the lift I want.

Reactions: starkey480
Lol...I posted about this today! It was confusing me, too. @jjvw set me straight.
Please share @jjvw explanation, or maybe a link to the thread if there is one.
I'm about to ditch the RE 4.5" for RJ goodies and don't wanna get the wrong springs.
I have the 4" in my wishlist with RJ but might need to change to 5". And remain with 4" rears as planned?

Easily confused.

Thanks.

I'm about to ditch the RE 4.5" for RJ goodies and don't wanna get the wrong springs.
I have the 4" in my wishlist with RJ but might need to change to 5". And remain with 4" rears as planned?

Easily confused.

Thanks.
The 4" rear springs are the 4" rear springs. If you read the original post, in this thread, he explains what springs you need in front. You want the 22.6" long free length ones.

Easily confused.

Thanks.
If the Jeep is heavy in the rear, the longer springs might be a good idea.

Mine has the rear LJ springs, but the reason doesn't apply to most here. If the rear TJ spring is a bit short, a small spacer can be used to add some height.

Is the 3" a true 3?
Ideally, I would like 3.5" of lift.
I'm trying to decide between the 4 which may or may not sit low.
Or I can add a small spacer to the 3.

Is the 3" a true 3?
Ideally, I would like 3.5" of lift.
I'm trying to decide between the 4 which may or may not sit low.
Or I can add a small spacer to the 3.
Depends on how heavy or not heavy your Jeep is. RockJock doesn't know that.

I am good. Got the CE-9132FP. Ordered thru Raukhaus for the Savvy 4in kit.
savvyparts003.jpg

Installed length, not free length, correct?
I'll get corrected if I'm wrong but I read here OEM is 12" installed and the difference is lift height, 4.25" in your case.
Yes, installed length. I believe that 4.25 or so is correct.