Rolled it over today and nearly died doing it. Need your help

I would like to update you guys all on this. The jeep is down the hill waiting for AAA. Jerry posted my cry for help on the FB page and 8 people called right away. The first one was Avy!! This guy is amazing. We backed it off a bit, securing it with the winch to his truck, straightened it out. Checked all the fluids and wow, no leaks. The tank was not leaking either, it was just a very steep angle and gas was oozing from under the cap. Then Avy backed it down the trail to a flat spot, where we jacked it up and popped two of the tires back on the rims. At this point everyone showed one, CHP, forest service, rangers, etc... Everyone wanted to know if there was a fatality. Anywho... we literally drove it down the hill!!! This was something else... and the damn thing drives straight wtf.
Looks like that was the best place something as lousy as that could have happened

Now think where Tiger would be if it wasn't for this forum. I'm sure he would still get his TJ, but in what time frame and what condition?
Kudos to @Chris for starting and maintaining this forum, also to @Jerry Bransford and @mrblaine and anyone else that had their hand on this one. You guys are more appreciated that what you know!

Copy that. The support and camaraderie on this site are incredible.

I would like to update you guys all on this. The jeep is down the hill waiting for AAA. Jerry posted my cry for help on the FB page and 8 people called right away. The first one was Avy!! This guy is amazing. We backed it off a bit, securing it with the winch to his truck, straightened it out. Checked all the fluids and wow, no leaks. The tank was not leaking either, it was just a very steep angle and gas was oozing from under the cap. Then Avy backed it down the trail to a flat spot, where we jacked it up and popped two of the tires back on the rims. At this point everyone showed one, CHP, forest service, rangers, etc... Everyone wanted to know if there was a fatality. Anywho... we literally drove it down the hill!!! This was something else... and the damn thing drives straight wtf.

Glad to hear this had a happy ending. When you are all calmed down and settled please try to describe as much as possible what happened and what you learned for the future. Any experience like this will provide much to share and educate as many as possible. May even save a few lives.

"And it drives straight" Where is this hill at?? I have a jeep I need to roll down it. Probably cheaper than the front end repairs my jeep needs to get it to drive straight lol.

Well this is great news. Great that Jerry called for help and BOOM people came to help. Great story, but of course it is a shame about your Jeep. Glad you are healthy and your Jeep is down that hill. Maybe it can be saved? Hard to say, but they will total it I suspect. Remember you being safe is the best part of it all. The Jeep did protect you.

Reactions: Dan T.
Super glad you are still in tact, and hopefully you can rebuild the TJ. Going forward together you would both have a hell of story to tell.
Please post some more pictures of the TJ, as it is now.

@Tigerman wow!!! So glad you made it safe. Those are some insane photos. Glad to hear your TJ is recovered. It's amazing to hear that it's driveable after going through all that, wow. Kudos to the recovery team for getting that taken care of so quickly. Great job @Jerry Bransford rallying help.

Definitely go see a doctor and a physical therapist and get checked fully (note: not a chiropractor or a massage therapist).

Hey Guys again!

I just want to say a big thank you for all your great advice and help. This world turns so fast and sometimes people forget to be PEOPLE towards each other. The help I got from all of you on this forum, and the FB group that does offroad recovery reminded me that good still exists in this world! I was lost, frightened and did not know what to do.

Special thanks to Jerry for posting on that closed FB group for me. The response was super quick. In a matter of minutes, I mean minutes, people started calling and literally 30 minutes later Avi was already on the scene. I can't say enough good things about this guy. I owe him big time. I realized I know about off-roading as much as a newborn about fishing... He did practically everything, explaining and teaching along the way.

Let me tell you a couple of words about this trail, in case you ever end up on it. It is called a "lookout". It runs from the fire road off of bouquet canyon down to Rower flats. The trail is rated as a double black diamond! It has four really difficult spots, the first one being the hardest. It is this one that got me. According to the rangers, I am one of the few survivors and most die on the spot falling down the mountain. They showed me the vehicles still down there. Please please please, for the sake of the people who love you, know your skill level before you go. I certainly did not. In my defense, I can only say that I had no intention of going down that trail and had no idea it was a double black diamond but this is a very lame excuse. I did not want and did not know is not a good excuse... EVER!

With these final words, I am going to say thank you once more and go vacuum the glass out of the poor little Jeep.

P.S. My wife said a while back that this Jeep did not like me and I should sell it. The ranger today told me otherwise. He said this Jeep loved me and saved my life even though I was being stupid.

Hey Guys again!

I just want to say a big thank you for all your great advice and help. This world turns so fast and sometimes people forget to be PEOPLE towards each other. The help I got from all of you on this forum, and the FB group that does offroad recovery reminded me that good still exists in this world! I was lost, frightened and did not know what to do.

Special thanks to Jerry for posting on that closed FB group for me. The response was super quick. In a matter of minutes, I mean minutes, people started calling and literally 30 minutes later Avi was already on the scene. I can't say enough good things about this guy. I owe him big time. I realized I know about off-roading as much as a newborn about fishing... He did practically everything, explaining and teaching along the way.

Let me tell you a couple of words about this trail, in case you ever end up on it. It is called a "lookout". It runs from the fire road off of bouquet canyon down to Rower flats. The trail is rated as a double black diamond! It has four really difficult spots, the first one being the hardest. It is this one that got me. According to the rangers, I am one of the few survivors and most die on the spot falling down the mountain. They showed me the vehicles still down there. Please please please, for the sake of the people who love you, know your skill level before you go. I certainly did not. In my defense, I can only say that I had no intention of going down that trail and had no idea it was a double black diamond but this is a very lame excuse. I did not want and did not know is not a good excuse... EVER!

With these final words, I am going to say thank you once more and go vacuum the glass out of the poor little Jeep.

P.S. My wife said a while back that this Jeep did not like me and I should sell it. The ranger today told me otherwise. He said this Jeep loved me and saved my life even though I was being stupid.

I hope you can/will rebuild the Jeep. Glad you’re in Good spirits and in one piece brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this where you were? That's pretty damn narrow and steep. Long long way down.

Spoiler alert the guy loses it st 2:30.

Wow that looks like the exact spot. When he turns the camera after he falls you can see the trails are identical.

Man, I would have so been there if I was anywhere remotely around. Sorry about that man. Just glad you are ok. I hope the recovery goes safely.

EDIT: Glad it went safely. What a story. Unreal you live to tell. Blessings.

Last edited:
Hey Guys again!

We're just glad YOU are ok. Jeeps are hunks of metal, friends are much more than that.

Hey Guys again!

The people here maketh this forum great....