Round tail lights on 2006 Rubicon

The reason there is so little room behind the metal on the passenger side is because the evap canister and associated hardware were moved there from under the hood somewhere around the 2003 model year. It sits on a tray that is hidden behind the wheel well cover. To be honest, I don't know a way around that, other than switching to a surface mount light. Hopefully, someone smarter than me will have come up with a solution that will work for you.

The reason there is so little room behind the metal on the passenger side is because the evap canister and associated hardware were moved there from under the hood somewhere around the 2003 model year. It sits on a tray that is hidden behind the wheel well cover. To be honest, I don't know a way around that, other than switching to a surface mount light. Hopefully, someone smarter than me will have come up with a solution that will work for you.
I am so glad you said this. FFS Well maybe now people will know. I will return everything. Thanks @Neal !

Yep my 04 has the charcoal canister behind the passenger taillight. Not much room at all had to put the ground under that tray . Drivers side just put a nut on the back of the taillight bolt . ECB70752-CB3A-4572-AF44-04B359BE0650.jpeg
ECB70752-CB3A-4572-AF44-04B359BE0650.jpeg

Those pics were on an 05 rubi. The passenger side has less room than the drivers side but still plenty of room to work. I used one of the bolts that was visible through the hole I had cut for the ground.

A 2006 TJ has the charcoal canister behind the tail light on passenger side, and I don't think 2001 does. My 97 didn't. Make sure you're going to have room before you start chopping holes in your Jeep.

I have the flush lights too. It came with the jeep when I brought it home. I really want these ones though. I have no backuplight and Wanted a solution that looks right. Thanks for the pictures now I know what to look for. @Patrick Larson, make sure you post some photos!

I have the flush lights too. It came with the jeep when I brought it home. I really want these ones though. I have no backuplight and Wanted a solution that looks right. Thanks for the pictures now I know what to look for. @Patrick Larson, make sure you post some photos!
The max-bilts have crazy bright backup lights
D8A7EB52-6A1A-4DB6-98D6-81F46FAF7F49.jpeg

Reactions: Brad W
Next pay day purchase is a wrap . Any clue how to also get the turnsignal from going a million miles per hr? I seen something like a fuse that stops it from acting like its about to burn out back to the regular speed.
The guys at Max-built said that the resistors are not always needed. I just wired them In anyway . I think they were under $10 ea . I got the poison spyder because 4WP had in stock but any parts store will have them
816EF768-36B4-4543-BEE4-BB8225C1B1CF.jpeg