Rubicon Locker: Fact or Myth

I greatly simplified my circuit over the first writeup in that thread. It neither uses nor needs relays due to the lack of current drawn by the little air compressors. I used nothing more than a simple on-off switch and a fuse plus wiring for each locker. It uses none of the silly/excessively complex locker circuits or wiring my Rubicon came with. The next photo shows where I moved the compressors to using the original locker mounting bracket with a little trimming.

Locker Switches 2.JPG

LockerCompressors.jpg

I greatly simplified my circuit over the first writeup in that thread. It neither uses nor needs relays due to the lack of current drawn by the little air compressors. I used nothing more than a simple on-off switch and a fuse plus wiring for each locker. It uses none of the silly/excessively complex locker circuits or wiring my Rubicon came with. The next photo shows where I moved the compressors to using the original locker mounting bracket with a little trimming.

View attachment 491722

View attachment 491729

I'm assuming you don't power the dash indicator?

Nope I don't need them, I know when my lockers are locked.

Maybe I didn't wire mine like you did but I thought I did. I pretty much have two intividually fused circuits, each with their own lighted switch feeding each compressor. I'm pretty sure that each locker light originally used to flash as a warning that the locker wasn't quite locked until it lit up solid. Since my wiring job they now flash because they aren't getting the message that they are locked even though they are locked.

I do know that they will keep on flashing as long as the diffs are locked even if I shut the Jeep off.

View attachment 491722

View attachment 491729

Thinking those pumps may fit on the unused ABS tray???

Nope I don't need them, I know when my lockers are locked.

Jerry has a 6th sense. It’s like a change in The Force.

Jerry’s wife- “Honey, we are in Hawaii, you seem distracted, are you ok?”

Jerry - “Yes, I just sensed my pcm voltage slightly dropped on the Jeep at home. We may need to book an early flight.”

Jerry never lifted his TJ, he moved the earth down 4”.

When the shop asked what gears he wanted, he said “all of them”. And that’s what they did.

Jerry has a 6th sense. It’s like a change in The Force.

Jerry’s wife- “Honey, we are in Hawaii, you seem distracted, are you ok?”

Jerry - “Yes, I just sensed my pcm voltage slightly dropped on the Jeep at home. We may need to book an early flight.”

Jerry never lifted his TJ, he moved the earth down 4”.

When the shop asked what gears he wanted, he said “all of them”. And that’s what they did.

Jerry....... Chuck Norris........Jerry.......Chuck.

Could they be one in the same????,

View attachment 491722

View attachment 491729

If I’m doing a version of this mod, like the Ken White version, and use a 3 wire locker switch that lights up like Gold Coast distributing sells, can anyone tell me where to tap on for the light.