Savvy LED taillights

TCBrown

Hey all! I am so grateful for this forum/network. It has helped me with many painful situations, not to mention saved me some $$!

I just recently bought some savvy tail lights and installed them over the weekend. The wiring/install was fairly simple. I am SO glad I took your advice and went with these. I get so many compliments on them!

FWIW, anyone considering these OR the flush mount circle tail lights - of the 2 options, I believe these to be the far superior. And I had a previous TJ with circle mount lights.

I did find out metal cloak has now joined the slim, aluminum tail light gang. They just came out with some tail lights VERY similar to Savvy's that are priced at $180~ (slightly cheaper). Anyone using these? Of course, I am happy with my purchase. Just wanted to share - especially for anyone running a spare delete, it's a GREAT choice! Cheers!

tempImageDvH4WL.png
tempImagesZMImj.png

tempImageYQ0uZn.png

tempImagejE8xBQ.png

Hey all! I am so grateful for this forum/network. It has helped me with many painful situations, not to mention saved me some $$!

I just recently bought some savvy tail lights and installed them over the weekend. The wiring/install was fairly simple. I am SO glad I took your advice and went with these. I get so many compliments on them!

FWIW, anyone considering these OR the flush mount circle tail lights - of the 2 options, I believe these to be the far superior. And I had a previous TJ with circle mount lights.

I did find out metal cloak has now joined the slim, aluminum tail light gang. They just came out with some tail lights VERY similar to Savvy's that are priced at $180~ (slightly cheaper). Anyone using these? Of course, I am happy with my purchase. Just wanted to share - especially for anyone running a spare delete, it's a GREAT choice! Cheers!

View attachment 262001View attachment 262002
View attachment 262000
View attachment 261999
Savvy's could be cheaper if they didn't have the side marker.

CE78E154-474D-448C-A836-30FB4D1FDC32.jpeg
Here are the metal cloak variations. They look good. I’m sure they’re decent. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Again, I love mine. Not to mention the savvy reputation - I would go savvy again just based on that alone!

View attachment 262024Here are the metal cloak variations. They look good. I’m sure they’re decent. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Again, I love mine. Not to mention the savvy reputation - I would go savvy again just based on that alone!
It's expected. Gerald shit in their cheerios on Facebook over some shit they were spouting off about. The girl that answers the phone put some of her MC suspension up for sale. MC got on the post and said that G required everyone associated with him to run only Savvy. Anyone that knows G knows that is total horseshit because he just does not care. That was said, they kept it up, G finally started posting up pics of all their destroyed joints that had come through the shop over the years. They'd made it a point to be dicks about shit since. That tail light is the perfect example of that.

It's expected. Gerald shit in their cheerios on Facebook over some shit they were spouting off about. The girl that answers the phone put some of her MC suspension up for sale. MC got on the post and said that G required everyone associated with him to run only Savvy. Anyone that knows G knows that is total horseshit because he just does not care. That was said, they kept it up, G finally started posting up pics of all their destroyed joints that had come through the shop over the years. They'd made it a point to be dicks about shit since. That tail light is the perfect example of that.
I take it Gerald is a metal cloak guy? Or did I get those mixed up?

I just guy enjoying my new lights 😂

I wonder if you will have to cut around the morryde with the metalcloaks like you do the savvys
Any flush taillight that retains the general size and shape of the factory taillight lense will require that the Morryde hinge mounting plate be trimmed.

I'm a big fan of the Savvy one's - I ended up with maxbilt's trail tail on a whim. While they're round, they are not the flush mount like many other of the round style and it also has the side marker.

Overall, I prefer the shape and look of the Savvy since it's close to oem and is really clean.

1624909362320.png

Reactions: DaveF
View attachment 262024Here are the metal cloak variations. They look good. I’m sure they’re decent. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Wow...what a kick in the nuts to Savvy (and by extension, Mr.Blaine since its his design getting ripped off). Too bad Metalcloak doesn't have more integrity than that. I mean marketing BS is marketing BS...but this is a whole 'nother level of rip-off.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Wow...what a kick in the nuts to Savvy (and by extension, Mr.Blaine since its his design getting ripped off). Too bad Metalcloak doesn't have more integrity than that. I mean marketing BS is marketing BS...but this is a whole 'nother level of rip-off.
Maybe they're using the philosophy, "If you can't beat'em, steal designs from them." Sad day ☹️

Reactions: Chris
I'm a big fan of the Savvy one's - I ended up with maxbilt's trail tail on a whim. While they're round, they are not the flush mount like many other of the round style and it also has the side marker.

Overall, I prefer the shape and look of the Savvy since it's close to oem and is really clean.

View attachment 262042
I have these, I can attest they are tough, have bashed them into a few things with no damage.

Was going to go with Savvy but they had a longer wait time than would work for me at the time. Biggest draw with either for me was just not having to cut in the flush mount ones.

Reactions: rasband
Blaine has had several of his designs ripped off, that's what he gets for designing good products.

Now you got me reconsidering my plan.

I just picked up a set of flange mount round LED tail lamps, but I'm having second thoughts about drilling 4.5" holes in my tub.

I've always liked Savvy's tail lamps, but the price point kills me. I guess I'm going to have to break open the wallet again.

And..... it looks like they are on backorder according to the website.