Savvy Mid-Arm installation questions

Jachatz

Wondering if you could help me out with the installation of the Savvy Mid-arm (complete kit)...on my 2005 TJ Rubi.?

I'm following the on online instructions that Chris posted (https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/savvy-mid-arm-install.16426/), however, I've run into an issue with the rear control arm-to-frame mounts; I measured from the skid plate center bolt 10" to the rear and the bracket ends up on the the skid plate's rear bolt rivetnut...I sent an email to Savvy with pics and he said "you must have to use 12", which conflicts with the instruction for my 05?

When I cycle the suspension it's def too far back, and I'm worried I won't have enough adjustment to move it forward...I think I need to move it to 10"...just looking for a reference dimension from center of axle at stuff, extended, or ride height to a frame point?

reference pics.

20200324_170829.jpg

20200324_170952.jpg

20200324_171006.jpg

20200324_171210.jpg

20200324_171358.jpg

Wondering if you could help me out with the installation of the Savvy Mid-arm (complete kit)...on my 2005 TJ Rubi.?

I'm following the on online instructions that Chris posted (https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/savvy-mid-arm-install.16426/), however, I've run into an issue with the rear control arm-to-frame mounts; I measured from the skid plate center bolt 10" to the rear and the bracket ends up on the the skid plate's rear bolt rivetnut...I sent an email to Savvy with pics and he said "you must have to use 12", which conflicts with the instruction for my 05?

When I cycle the suspension it's def too far back, and I'm worried I won't have enough adjustment to move it forward...I think I need to move it to 10"...just looking for a reference dimension from center of axle at stuff, extended, or ride height to a frame point?
I think you trim the bracket around the nut. But @mrblaine is the one who can say for sure.

the 10" line appears right at the back edge of the nutsert flange. so this would put the bracket corner on that line up tight to the flange, no?.

So i really do need to move it 2" forward to the 10" mark and notch a little if needed.

P.s., not exactly sure of the axle's vertical position in pic, also waiting for the 1.25"BL, currently sitting on/close to stock body mounts...also 31s, going to go 37

Last edited:
So i really do need to move it 2" forward to the 10" mark and notch a little if needed.

P.s., not exactly sure of the axle's vertical position in pic, also waiting for the 1.25"BL, currently sitting on/close to stock body mounts
How far threaded in are your arms in that picture? 10” is the correct measurement.

10" is correct. Cut the frame mount to clear the nutsert. The Savvy skid also needs to be trimmed a bit to clear the frame mount.

As you can see posted above by @mrblaine, when he was designing this suspension he made sure to screw us tj Rubi guys ;) just a little more work to get it fitted up.
Just over here living that LJ life, sipping martinis, watching you Tj suckers grind it out. 🤣