Cisco Kid

Been around the block...twice!
Supporting Member
My Grandpaw always said
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

An old Rodeo Rider fron the late 50' told me when I was a kid
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"

And here in Texas it is known that

"It ain't no rule if you don't break it.
AND
It ain't no chance....if you don't take it!"

And that is what I remember!
In Texas, chances will be taken.

What do you remeber?

My high school soccer coach had a couple good ones.

1) If you made a mistake or dumb play, he would tell you that: You are as useful as tits are to a bull.

2) During the season, and especially the night before a game he would say: No girls tonight fellas, if you get an urge just use your left hand.

Your about as useless as an ass hole with taste buds

Are you stuck on stupid?

You'll be ok, just walk it off

What are you some kinda Nancy boy?

You some kinda fancy pants?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
An expression people say that I find humorous:
After finding a lost item, "It's always the last place you look" When isn't it?

My Grandfather:
Don't ever allow something to happen to you more than once unless your willing for it to happen to you for the rest of your life.
If you're talking, you're not learning.

The biggest problem with communication is the illlusion it happens.

Also, one of my dads - son, there is no shortage of idiots.

Reactions: Matt77
If you aint cheating, you ain't trying hard enough

You are about as handy as a trap door in a canoe

Watch this

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything

Just a few I use

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A handful of gimmee and a mouthful of much obliged.
If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a fry.
Are you going to be stupid all your life?

Last year at the NRA matches at Camp Atterbury, when a nice guy named Carl who drove one of the vans to take us down to the target pits got screamed at to get moving:

"You don't have to tell me twice, but you do have to tell me once"

My high school soccer coach had a couple good ones.

1) If you made a mistake or dumb play, he would tell you that: You are as useful as tits are to a bull.

2) During the season, and especially the night before a game he would say: No girls tonight fellas, if you get an urge just use your left hand.
My high school basketball coach would tell us to stop passing the ball to certain player's weak spot … meaning their hands.

My lacrosse coach would tell us to pass/throw the ball to/at our team mates heads so they'll catch it … rather than get hit with it.

Reactions: Matt77 and skrelnik
"It takes longer than it takes"
- My Dad used to say this as he was well versed in Murphy's Law. He lead several large organizations during his career and saw it again and again. Now I have several people at work saying this. We use it mostly when managers try to oversimplify the complex technical solutions they don't fully understand (and then try to push for lower estimates and earlier release dates). I've known a lot of project managers in my day with fancy titles and certifications (PMP etc.), but very few of them ever practice what they have been taught. Most still try to do "right to left" scheduling (come up with the delivery date the customer wants and then try to make the estimates fit). If I had a $1 every time I was proven right after warning a PM they were playing with fire, I would have been able to afford a LJ Rubicon instead of a TJ X as my fun weekend car, LOL.

Reactions: Matt77 and skrelnik