Selling the hard top

Watch out for question #47 on the form:

47. Why did you switch tops?

There was a guy a few months ago. Mods didn't like that he went from a soft top to a hard top because he couldn't hear his new Justin Bieber album. Guy got banned. They even sent a few ex-military members to repo his TJ and replace it with a JLU.

We have to do what we have to do. We can’t let things run willy-nilly. Not sure what willy -nilly is, but we don’t like it.

Yep, I went through 3 tops in 2 years from Rampage (all replaced under warranty), had nothing to do with flapping or noise... had EVERYTHING to do with the stitching and the strap webbing deteriorating and the top then failing to stay on the Jeep or together.

I'm now 4 years into the Bestop Trektop NX... no issues at all!

I didnt want to spend over 2 grand on a best top being sent to Oz in case I decided to go back to full time hard top.
I have the factory sunrider but it looked too ugly to me and hadn't been on for many years.

Watch out for question #47 on the form:

47. Why did you switch tops?

There was a guy a few months ago. Mods didn't like that he went from a soft top to a hard top because he couldn't hear his new Justin Bieber album. Guy got banned. They even sent a few ex-military members to repo his TJ and replace it with a JLU.

Correction... it was a JKU. This is the one...
1660855836585.png

They dont let people leave here so you would be stuck with beautiful sandy beaches and turquoise waters at your doorstep and you wouldn't want that!

the thought of pretty beaches and water would probably push me over the edge. wonder how long it would take me to learn to stand on my head?

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
@AndyG, is there a way to have false advertising show up only in a red font? :unsure:

My 4yr+ soft top experience:
Almost too much heat available with top and doors on and plenty of AC even with the doors (and windows) off sometimes.
"Clean" interior when off road IF the windows and doors are closed.
Monsoon rains stay out IF the windows and doors are closed. OK Ohio doesn't get monsoons but it's never been wet from the heavy rains here.

The hard top probably is quieter than the soft top while driving but "quiet" is really a luxury car term and I bet the TJ hard top ain't that luxurious. As for security, I never keep anything that needs to be secured in my Jeep but if I had to there are at least a few options available for that.

I did think about getting a hard top when I first bought my Jeep but after the first winter those thoughts stopped. I also thought about it when branches and/or other random stuff is getting dragged over or across the soft top. Honestly, from some of the sounds I've heard I can't believe my 11 yr old Bestop doesn't have any rips or tears. I'm also pretty sure a hard top would have suffered some damage and a broken side window because it sure wouldn't have flexed like my soft top did so I don't really think about hard tops at all any more.

No trees to speak of out in the desert but plenty of dust.

AC worked great driving to Yuma yesterday 96-107 outside temp. 450 mile round trip.

With Sound deadening on the floor full carpets and Weathertec floor mats and cargo mat is is pretty quite inside even on the freeway.

We do Dirt Every Day as it is a sandy road with wash crossings just to get to the paved county road.

That is why there are Cooper SST's mounted on the Rubican.

With the monsoon season just getting home can be an adventure with raging water in the washes.

Out here in AZ we are always packing pistols so security is a must.

No trees to speak of out in the desert but plenty of dust.

AC worked great driving to Yuma yesterday 96-107 outside temp. 450 mile round trip.

With Sound deadening on the floor full carpets and Weathertec floor mats and cargo mat is is pretty quite inside even on the freeway.

We do Dirt Every Day as it is a sandy road with wash crossings just to get to the paved county road.

That is why there are Cooper SST's mounted on the Rubican.

With the monsoon season just getting home can be an adventure with raging water in the washes.

Out here in AZ we are always packing pistols so security is a must.

whereabouts in AZ are you?..

and I gave my hardtop away when I moved from NJ to AZ..boh my jeeps run soft tops when they run a top, I usually just use spiderwebshades..
...and my pistol is on my hip, it won't do you any good, if it's locked in your jeep when you need it

Reactions: Artsifrtsi