Serpentine belt part number

Brayden

Hey everyone this is my first post on the forum so let me know if I've put it in the wrong section. I'm after the part # for the belt in the picture. I just ordered a belt but it's the more common one. I can only find pictures of the routing but no part #

image.jpeg

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you need the serpentine belt for a 1997 Jeep Wrangler with air conditioning?

There's no need to guess. A lot resources are available if you know where to look. I even managed to find a complete factory parts manual on-line for my TJ and factory part #'s can easily be cross-referenced on many sites. What I do for my vehicles is create a simple Notepad file (opens faster) with the 17-digit VINs. That way, I can copy and paste them into websites such as the examples below (belts/hoses). Using a VIN narrows the choices faster than going through the years, models, etc.

http://www.gates.com/catalogs-and-r...business-applications/vin-decoder/vin-decoder

http://www.daycoproducts.com/online-catalog

Mopar 53011035 is the p/n for the Mopar serpentine belt for the 97-98 TJ with a/c and power steering. You can use that part number on sources like Amazon.com to cross-reference equivilents. I'd go for name brands like Mopar, Gates, or Goodyear.

That p/n I posted was copy and pasted out of the official Mopar parts manual for 97-98 TJs. Hard to understand how it could be incorrect. :confused:

Anytime I don't know a serpentine belt length (for instance, when I'm installing a supercharger), I simply get some string, measure the distance around the pulleys, count the number of ribs, then go to the auto part store and tell them the length and rib-count that I need.

Easy as can be.

Anytime I don't know a serpentine belt length (for instance, when I'm installing a supercharger), I simply get some string, measure the distance around the pulleys, count the number of ribs, then go to the auto part store and tell them the length and rib-count that I need.
That's the best and easiest solution right there.

Reactions: Chris
That's the best and easiest solution right there.

Agreed. It's easy to do as well.

When I had to do this I went to the auto part store and bought 3 different sizes. One of them was the exact size I measured, the other was 1" bigger, and the other was 1" smaller. That way I could account for possible errors in how tight I was pulling the string. Turns out I ended up needing the one that was right in the middle (so I measured accurately).

If your system has a belt tensioner, many of these have a raised pattern in the body and a scribe mark on the stationary base. The mark is supposed to align somewhere in the center of the pattern with the correct length belt. If you're out of the pattern, belt is wrong.

Resurrecting an old thread here. My serpentine belt is looking pretty glazed over and I’m going to replace it this week. Are all the major brands created equal or should I buy a Mopar belt? Anyone have the p/n for a 2001 TJ 4.0 with AC?

Mopar 53011035 is the p/n for the Mopar serpentine belt for the 97-98 TJ with a/c and power steering. You can use that part number on sources like Amazon.com to cross-reference equivilents. I'd go for name brands like Mopar, Gates, or Goodyear.
Jerry back to you again for more knowledge: will the above mentioned Mopar 53011035 also work for 97 TJ 4.0L manual with A/C but WITHOUT power steering? I am doing the cooling system overhaul (as in one of Chris’s posts) but didn’t see a mention of serpentine belt change — is it not a wear item too?